22. Tea

Harry ⭐

The rain was falling hard against the windscreen to my Black Range Rover as I drive down the unfamiliar road.

Either side is made up of 19th Century Town Houses, each three floors high, with concrete steps leading to the colourful door. Many were plain black; others had opted for red, green and royal blue.

I preferred the coloured doors on this gloomy day and was happy when my destination had a pale blue door that remaindered me of the summer sky and the eyes of the girl who lived behind that very door.

I parked my car behind her old cherry red Mercedes, and in front of a sliver BMW. I shut the car off and looked at the darkening sky not wanting to exit the comfort of my leather seat in my car, but also not wanting to face her after Saturday.

I look to the door of the house as it opens and the prick who’s between us steps out with his leather briefcase shielding his gelled hair.

I took his as my cue to step out from my car and caught his eyes as he walked down the steps leading to his house. He looked shocked to see me, but shook his head and offered his hand to shake.

"Harry, is everything alright?" He asked me, but my eyes moved to the second floor were a light was switched on, great she was home.

"Perfect Mr Hunter, is Chloe home?" I asked, already knowing my answer. He nodded his head and looked at me like I was mad as I happily let the rain fall onto me. I dragged my wet hair back off my face and walked past him, "you’ve made a quick recovery." I smiled pushing the cast iron gate open with my hands making my way up the steps.

"Yeah, I'll catch you later Harry." I ignored his last statement as I lifted the sliver knocker and waited for her to answer.

I listened to Leo as he got into his car, and started the ignition. I turned and watched him drive off down the road as the large door was pulled open and I was met with a shocked Chloe.

"Harry," she just stood there, eyes wide, and mouth open. I kept my cool and let my eyes travel down her body. Her hair was thrown up on top of her head, no trace of makeup, a little vest and sleep shorts covering her.

Her hands crossed over her chest as she realised what I was doing before I stepped past her and into her home.

She slammed the door closed behind me and I shrugged my soaked brown coat from my shoulders and hung it on one of the free hooks by the door.

She walked past me, with a scowl on her face and I followed her into an opened planned living/kitchen/dinner space.  Floor to ceiling the walls were painted white, the furniture and accessories added the colours of turquoise, olive green and grey.

Chloe was stood behind the large granite counter, pouring boiling water from the kettle into a spotted mug. I watched her as she squeezed the tea bag out of the cup and placed it into the bin, before taking the milk from the fridge and adding it to the cup. She lifted the mug to her lips before her eyes met mine.

"Would you like a cup?" she asked with that scowl still set on her face, I gave her my best innocent smile and she knew by that what my answer was retrieving an identical cup and repeating the process.

I walked through to the living space, were a large grey sofa covered in cushions and covers was sat facing a plasma hanging above the fire place. There was a large grey arm chair in the window with a foot rest in front of it. But what caught my attention was the large black and white photo of Leo and Chloe above their sofa. They were smiling at each other, the ring glistening on her finger, she looked so happy.

"Here," she held the cup out to me and I took it as she sat down on the sofa and stood still, eyes covering every detail of the picture. "Leo's mother insisted we did a photo-shoot to celebrate our engagement, not my idea of celebrating." She shrugged her shoulders and sipped from her mug.

"Nice," I commented looking back to Chloe whose eyes were fixed on me. I stayed standing as she let her intense eyes cover every aspect of me. I turned my head away from her feeling to exposed to her, with nothing even being said.

"So have you come to fire me?" She asked, brining my attention back to her, and her bare legs that were laid across her sofa.

"No Chloe I haven't." She raised her eyebrows at me, tapping her finger nails against her mug. "You are having a week’s leave, permitted by the doctor that saw to you Saturday and me." Her mouth fell open in shock and she began shaking her head, disagreeing with my orders.

"I'm perfectly fine Harry, you can't tell me what to do." She stood from her seat and glared at me, "now I'm going to get ready for work." She spun on her heel, but I was quick to wrap my hand around her waist and pull her back into my chest, making her gasp.

"Don't defy me Chloe," she wiggled in my arms for freedom, but I wouldn’t let her go. I lowered head to the back of her neck placing a single kiss, "we are all worried about you, please for me baby." She softened in my hold, and melted into me at the pet name.

"Fine, but I'm going to New York Wednesday." She turned her head to the side so I could see her face as she told me her plans, "I was going to ask you for the rest of the week off anyway." She stayed in my arms, my face still inches from the back of her neck.

"Why are you going to New York?" I asked her, was she running away from me? I could just easily follow her.

"My wedding planner is taking me dress shopping." I moved my head away from her skin and let my hold go from her waist. I pulled me lips together and looked back to the picture of them. "I was going to ask you if you wanted to come with me."

I snapped my attention back to her, as her eyes looked deeply into her mug of tea, her feet crossed. When I didn’t answer her, she lifted her eyes back to me.

"Why me? Can't you take Lilly? Your mother?" I ask her and she just shakes her head.

"I want you to go with me," she stood in front of me, her pale blue eyes peering up to me "please Harry." She reached for my hand and slowly entwined our fingers.

"On one condition," she peered up at me, her eyes hopeful and sparking, "I organise it, where we stay, how long we go for and our activities outside of dress shopping." I roll my eyes at that aspect but I'm sure I could get out of it and do some business while I'm over there.

She nods and smiles, "Thank you Harry." Her arms wrap around me centre and she rests her head on my chest as I hug her. I snake my arms around her body and rest my head on top of hers.

"You’re welcome Chloe." 

A/N: Shorter chapter than usual, but this was more of a filler chapter to what is to come!!

I'm getting excited now for what is to come next in Harry and Chloe's story, but I won't be updating until next Sunday, sorry :(

Please comment, vote and share as always, you lot are amazing!

I love you all xx