31. Everlasting

Chloe ♥

Everlasting - lasting forever or a very long time.

"So who's the amazing author behind this?" Me and Harry were sat in the back of a black Mercedes, on the tanned leather seats that was so soft against the back of my bare legs.

The sun was shining through New York, so I decided on my just above the knee white pencil dress with my hot pink pointy heels that I treated myself to yesterday. The shoes matched my pink tote and my lipstick, whilst my eyes were covered by my sunglasses.

"His name is Ashton; he's 25 and an English graduate." I nod my head skimming through the pages of his manuscript again.

His book was called 'The Everlasting' and it was a story about two brothers who grew up through a divorce, to having to move states, loving the same girl, and ultimately being ripped apart by the sudden death of their mother. It was such a sad and tragic story, I was crying as I read the part where the boys attend their mother's funeral. At this part they hadn't spoken to each other in five years, both of them had married and started a family but neither of them knew.

They are brought back together after their mothers death but cracks show again, but the ending had be heartbroken, they had found their way back to each other and decided that they couldn't stay away from each other and pretend the other didn't exist, so they called it truce because they had an everlasting bond, and brotherly bond that couldn't be broken, because they would always find a way back to each other.

"What did you take from it Harry?" I turn to look at the man besides me, who was dressed in a navy blue pants that were really tight, and a white shirt with the top three buttons open. His aviators were sat on his nose and his overgrown hair is pushed back off his face with a tanned fedora hat sat on top.

I was genuinely interested in what he thought, this wasn't his job to sit and read manuscripts but it made me happy that he took his time to take an interest in what I do for my job.

"It was a sad story, I'd never wish for what those characters to go through on anyone." I nod agreeing with him, "I love the title, everlasting. I feel I relate to that." He flashes me his smile, with his dimples that always gets to me and reaches for my hand across the seat.

"What is it about the title that makes you feel like that?" I watch our hands as he threads our fingers together and I look to were my engagement ring is missing and scold myself of thinking about that in this moment with Harry.

"We're everlasting Chloe, well for me we are." I stuck in a breath and Harry squeezes my head, "Chloe don't worry I'll sort everything." I just nod at his words and he leans over to kiss my cheek as the car comes to a halt and the driver steps out the front seat.

Harry lets go of my hand as my door opens and I climb out onto the busy New York side walk, and Harry is quick to my side with his hand around my waist guiding us into the hotel that Harry had planned to meet him in.

It was called the Royalton and it was beautiful, we walked right through the lobby that was all brown panels on the wall, it was dark and exclusive and very fancy. My heels clicked along the marble floor as Harry walked us through to the dining room, I'm guess he's been here before.

We came to a podium and Harry told the man that our reservation was under MODE and he leads us through to our table. The dining room was so bright, with balled shaped lights hanging from the ceiling all over the room, and it was similar to the lobby but a lighter, it was all wood panelling and matching furniture, with accents of white. It truly was beautiful.

We reach our table and young man with dirty blonde hair to his chin was sat at the table on his phone, he was dressed in a cream shirt buttoned all the way to the top without a tie and had rings on his fingers, like Harry occasionally wears.