45. Baby

Chloe

The disinfectant smell that all waiting rooms have filled my nostrils, as I impatiently tapped my foot against the laminate flooring.

I was nervous and anxious.

My palms were sweating and my heart rate was increasing, and I don't think that's to do with how I'm feeling.

I clutch my bag closer to my chest and check the time on my phone again, its 9.05am, I made sure I had the earliest appointment for 9, I had to go back the office today apparently something really urgent has come up and we all have to attend a meeting.

Leo had already gone this morning and promised that he would explain the situation I'm in and that I'm not well.

I thanked him as he dropped me off here, before he drove off to find out the fate of his company.

The plastic chair I'm sat on isn't the comfiest and I try to wiggle in my seat to get more comfortable but I'm feeling light headed and nauseas, of god I hope I don't throw the breakfast I could just about stomach all over the floor. That would be your finest moment now wouldn't it.

I tilt my head back again and huff, the receptionist doesn't seem to pleasured at my attitude but I don't care, its not like her husband could be losing his entire company today is it.

I check my phone again, 9.07.

I still haven't gotten used to the fact that I'm married, a platinum band sits under the row of diamonds and being addressed as Mrs Hunter still freaks me out. I almost forgot most times that somebody is talking to me, I guess I'll get used to in time.

Leo was on cloud nine when we went on our honeymoon, endless kisses, romantic days out and dinners, complimenting me whenever he had a chance, and a lot of him showing me how much he loves me.

My body hasn't been so swore, and I don't think whatever is wrong with me is helping.

It's only when we landed home three days ago that he's changed, he's stressing over Venture and I'm the one he's been taking his frustration out on. I'll do the littlest thing wrong and he'll shout at me.

He's also been slagging Harry off a lot to me recently, telling me how much he hates him, how he has had a hidden agenda always out to get Leo. I just ignored him the majority of time, its not worth getting involved in, I wouldn't anyway as we don't share the same opinion.

Me and Harry seemed to have had a mutual agreement on everything, it was time for us both to move on. We had our final night together, loving one another and being wrapped up in each other for one last time. That was the closure we needed and we got our chance to have it.

He'd left a card with Gemma the morning of my wedding after he'd left, it was addressed to Miss Spencer and it was something I got to keep for myself and treasure.

It was so beautiful what he wrote ....

I held you so close to my body until you peacefully feel asleep in my arms. Your breathing matched my heart beat as it always has, and I knew you were safe.

I'll have to hide last night secrets with me in the shadows of the dark, to keep us safe, but that will be our favourite secret for a long time.

Everything's changed, and my eyes are open to the world and the life I will have to live without you.

I understand the difficult decision you are making today and i respect you for it.

I wish it was me stood at that altar today, making you Mrs Styles, but you never know, one day it could be.

As for now we'll take each passing day as it comes but today Miss Spencer you are to be married.