46. Beloved

I slammed the door of my car closed, running across the black tarmac in the pink dusk of the morning, pushing the glass doors open and ran through straight to the elevator of the deserted office building.

I constantly pushed at the sliver button until the elevator doors opened with a ding and I stepped in calling for the top floor.

The few minutes I spent stood with my back against the thin walls of that metal box, the sweat dripping from my forehead and the annoying tune I have heard every day for the past 8 months ringing through my head felt like hours.

As the doors opened I squeezed through the opening gap and ran into the room filled with computers, wipe boards covered in pictures, information, locations and any theories on where she could be.

I saw Marcus the private investigator I had hired leant over a desk talking to a girl with a headset on both looking intently at the screen in front of her.

He quickly noted my presence and stood acknowledging me and motioning for us to move into her old office.

I moved through the desks, every pair of eyes watching me as I covered the small space in wide steps, moving into the concealed office space.

I closed the door behind me and looked to the man stood across the room from me.

"What have you found?" I rushed the words out pulling my coat off my back and threw it onto the sofa, rolling up the sleeves of my creased white shirt, which was hanging out of my slacks.

"We've found her," I looked at him for a brief second like the man had lost the plot.

"What do you mean you've found her?" I stepped closer to him and searched his face for any doubt but from what I've learnt about Marcus he's a serious man.

"We've found Chloe Spencer."

It's taken us 8 months, 8 whole months of worry, panic, stress, heartbreak, denial, lies, sleepless nights and everything that comes along with losing the person you love.

After a week of being unable to locate her myself, after flying out to Seattle, finding out she hadn't took the job she told me of and searching every inch of the city I came home and made it my mission to find her.

Every day I've been sat in this office, trying to think of where she could have gone, what must have been going through her brain, I've nearly lost everything trying to balance my business and locate her.

"Where is she?" I was finally going to know her hiding spot and that is where I was going to tonight, I'm not letting her slip away from me again.

I tired everywhere she'd lived, wanted to live, where she'd been on holiday, I dug up her childhood for any clues on where she would have gone to hide and now I'll finally know her hiding spot.

"She's in a cottage in St David's in Wales, we've already got a helicopter ready to fly you to Cardiff and a car waiting there for you to drive to her." I picked my coat up and threw it back on me and headed for the door.

"Mr Styles," I turned back to Marcus who was holding onto a piece of paper, "there is something you should know before you go."

"Nothing is going to stop me from going to see her, she's potentially carrying my child and even if it's his I'll still love her and it as my own," he looked to the piece of paper and nodded his head.

"I understand sir, but the only way we knew her location was because of birth records, she's had the child," he handed me the piece of paper and my eyes scanned the information as they began to water up.

Scarlet Anne Spencer, born January 17th, 7lbs 3, premature but healthy

Mother: Chloe Spencer

Father: Unknown

"She had a little girl," I gripped the paper to my chest and let a tear fall onto my cheek, "I need to go now."

I stormed out of the building in a hurry to get to my car in the parking lot, I pushed it into drive and headed for my offices where my helicopter would be waiting for me.

I'm coming for you Chloe Spencer and my baby girl.

A/N: Surprise!

So lately I have been rereading my own story and seeing all of your comments and continued support whilst I've been away and I felt guiltily for leaving you the way I did.