37. Empty

Chloe

Boxes laid around the empty, hardly used office that I once called mine.

I'd arrived home 3 days ago, and within that I had handed in my resignation, been packing my office and my home.

This was it; I finally had my chance to move on to better things. To leave my past and look to a better future with Leo in Seattle.

It was a dream that Leo had always had, he wanted to expand Venture overseas and has been in contact with a few business's there that are interested in investing in his company and helping him achieve his dream.

It's perfect for me as well, there are a number of successful publishing houses there and having worked at MODE for the past couple of months it looks great on my CV and will put me at an advantage going for a top job there.

It almost seems too perfect, we have found a perfect penthouse in the middle of the city and we've put a deposit down on it, we just have to be married and then we can start the life we'd always dreamed off.

Well what I should be dreaming of.

I feel that everything with Harry happened too quickly, that I never got enough time with him. Maybe it's a sign that we weren't supposed to have time together but it felt like we were both gripping onto that time to last a little longer.

I had a hopeless idea that he'd case after me, stop me from climbing on that plane with Leo and leaving him behind. But he never once again.

He let me walk away from him and didn't attempt to get me back, and that was the conformation that I needed to forget about him for good this time and erase him completely from my life.

The office phone rang and I moved around my desk, falling back into the chair to answer it.

"Hello Miss Spencer," I chimed for one of the last times. I was about to become Mrs Hunter, will a new name change who I am. Harry could no longer call me 'Spencer'.

I needed to stop doing this to myself, it was mental torture enough thinking of him and what he was doing.

"Chloe I'm about to leave for the day, can I come in and see you?" It was Anna. When I'd told her I was leaving MODE and going to Seattle she was mortified.

She argued that I couldn't leave her, because I'd been the best boss she'd ever had. She even argued to come with me to Seattle and be my assistant there.

"Yeah sure Anna." I placed the phone down and leant my head back against the spinney office chair and took a few deep breaths.

Standing I walked around my desk as Anna came into the room opening her arms we pulled into a hug.

She's been the only real friend I've had in a long time, except for Harry of course, but I don't think he'd be classed as a friend.

"I'm going to miss you so much." We pulled back and I swiped the few tears off Anna's cheeks and gave her a sad smile.

"I'll keep in touch, promise." That was a lie. I didn't want anything associated with Harry apart of life anymore.

I was cutting everything off, even if that did mean one of my only friends.

They were just a bad reminder of what could have been a major part of my life, if everything had of worked with Harry.

But they never, so they are the past and I'm looking ahead to the future without Harry and all of his add-ons.

"You'll still come the wedding?" I asked and she quickly nodded swiping away her tears and laughing.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." We pulled into another hug and I smoothed Anna's back when there was a knock at my office door and we pulled away from another.