40. Fire

Harry

I threw the black and white invite down on my cherry wood desk in my home office, rolling my lips in I kept my eyes set on it.

The night sky had turned a deep navy, and the broken shards of glass that made the stars littered the sky. It was rare to be able to see so many in the city sky, but it was a change to thick mug of smoke I was used to.

It all seemed clear, the sky, the stars and the plan set in my head.

Tomorrow was the day; Chloe Spencer would marry Leo Hunter, and be no longer Miss Spencer. I threw my head back in my chair and let my hand run down my face, I still couldn't comprehend her decision in my head, but I wasn't going to stop her this was her decision to make.

I was going to be there, as much as it will break my heart and destroy me completely I am going to support the girl I love. I was also convinced by my mother who was determined that I would go, even if she had to drag me there herself.

The wedding is taking place in The May Fair hotel; I also knew she was staying there tonight, alone.

She wasn't going to be alone for much longer.

Leo was having his final night of freedom, out with the pretentious pricks he works with, so it's right that Chloe should have hers and enjoy it.

I stood from my desk, and swiped the invite into my hands and crumpled it up in my fist. Tomorrow would be a day I'd want to forgot, but I knew it would be burned into my brain for life, the day cutting through me like shards of glass.

I was going to let it, if I can't feel her love for my lifetime I'll take the pain of her any day.

I finished the mug of black coffee I had been sipping from, to ensure that I stay awake until the depths of the night.

I walked from my office through my home that I was planning to put on the property market in the next couple of weeks. This was supposed to be for me and Chloe, and I hated that I had shared it with so many other women who weren't her, or even close.

I wanted a fresh start, and I believe a new space and home with occupy my time and distract me from my constant thoughts of her.

I reach the heart of my penthouse that is glowing from the blazing fire in my living room where George was lazily laying in his bed, rubbing his little face against the pillow.

I crouched by his level and watched the flames dance with each other, in a heat that could burn but ignite anything that was losing hope yet could kill and destroy every physical part of you, only to be left with ashes that can fall so easily through your fingertips.

Me and Chloe were the flames, so beautiful together yet burning and dangerous. It was a lethal, unhealthy relationship that neither of us could put our broken self's through again.

I looked to the crumped invite in my hand and threw it into the fire and watched the edges turn black and curl as they succumbed to the flames of the fire.

I would nothing to do with that man anymore, he wasn't a man, he was a foul man that didn't deserve Chloe, and he didn't deserve anyone or anything. He was a sickening bastard that should rot in hell, and he will.

I stroked George's head and looked at my only companion in his large brown eyes. He was the little part of Chloe that will be able to keep and say that he's ours. I told her she could have him, take him with her but she refused. She knew I needed him, and that little part of her that I could have.

"Will you be alright tonight buddy?" he leant his small head further into my hand as I stoked him, "I've got to go and see your mummy, and tell her I love her." He gave a small yap and I took that as his approval.

I turned the fire off letting the flames die and fall, this was it and I knew it. The final night that I could be myself with Chloe, our last moment together.

Moving into the kitchen grabbing my jacket and making sure I'd left enough food out for George, I picked up my car keys, phone and wallet I made my way to the front door of my penthouse. I hope this wasn't something I was going to regret.

I stepped out my building and hailed a black cab, I knew Leo would be arriving in the morning to the hotel and I didn't want him to be suspicious; I knew he had people tracking my car.

Sliding into the backseat of the cab I gave him the address of the hotel and name. He was an old man who wasn't very chatty but was listening to the football results coming through the radio.

He lived such a simple life; he probably had a loving wife, children and grandchildren. I smiled at the thought, everything didn't have to be complex it could be simple, but it was always complex in my life and I was used to it.

The roads of London were fairly quiet for a Friday night but it was midnight and I knew she'd probably be asleep, I just hope that me disturbing her will be worth it.

After we had kissed the other day in my home, she'd left not long after but I knew in that moment with her those kisses and affectionate actions are limited for us.

Are time is running out, and tomorrow all we've had and shared will have to be forgotten, if they aren't neither of us can move on. We will be stuck in the same situation for the rest of our lives, repeating the actions that have doomed us over and over again until they eventually kill us.

That isn't fair on either of us, or the people we love who surround us.

When you love someone, you would do anything for them, not anything to destroy them. That is something we had both agreed on mutually, no words needed to exchanged, we both know it has to end at some point of our lives.

But that doesn't mean we both can't share one final night together before time does catch us and we have to say goodbye one final time.

The cab pulled up in front of the large, expanse hotel and I paid him his money before stepping out.

The doorman held the door open for me as I stepped inside and made my way to the elevator on the right side of the lobby.

I had booked a room as soon as I knew this was the venue for the hotel, and that room was coincidently right next door to Miss Spencer.

I'd had my belongings dropped off earlier on today including my suit for tomorrow's ceremony.

But I wasn't heading to my room as I stepped out the elevator; I was going to the one next door, to see the love of my life.

I knocked against the white wood twice loudly, leaning against the door frame, waiting for her to open the door.

I could hear her feet pad closer to the door, and a lock being undone, and a click before she pulled it open wide and I was meet with Chloe Spencer, dressed in a lilac silk night dress, trying to grip the hotels fluffy white rob around her body to cover herself.

She stumbled back and I walked in letting the door close behind me and seal us in.

I was about to give Chloe the best wedding present I possibly could.

My heart. Every single beating part of it was for her, and I wasn't leaving until she knew.

"Harry what are you doing here." She quickly spoke, with a dry throat, and her eyes searching me for an answer.

"I'm here to love you."

A/N: Five chapters left everybody!

I want this to be finished by the weekend hopefully that's why I'm updating a lot haha. I go on holiday on Monday and I don't want to be worrying about trying to update for you all especially if I don't have wifi in my hotel.

I can't believe that I've got 25k reads, that's crazy! And all of you commenting and telling me how much you love my story - that means the actual world!

I know the majority of you all do this anymore but I still ask, please vote, comment and share!

Peace and Love to you all xxx