14. Monster

Harry ⭐

I was sat, tapping my pen against my lips making Miss Spencer sweat a little more as she waited outside my office for the meeting I had called this morning.

Once I had placed Chloe to bed early hours Sunday morning, I didn't see the point in sleeping so I went for a run to clear my head, and remember who I was before Chloe charmed her way back into my life.

The Harry she saw Sunday morning is who I've become; some would call me a monster I would call it having authority and everybody else knowing there place.

There are only certain people who I slightly drop the act with, but Chloe isn't one of them and shouldn't be an exception because of our past.

I pick up the office phone, hoping she has squirmed enough in her seat and Steph picks up on the first ring.

"Send her in." I don't let her reply and place the phone back on its hold, and stand from my seat turning to face the ever so busy London beneath me.

I heard her heels against the floor, her closing the door behind her and taking a seat in front of my desk.

I clenched my fists, and spun round to face Chloe, who was sat with her head lowered to her lap, her bottom lip under the pressure of her teeth and her face clear of makeup.

She hadn't covered up; she was being open, showing me all the flaws she held, and showing me who she was.

"Miss Spencer, it is rude to not hold eye contact when someone addresses you." I told her firmly as I raised my eyebrow. She took her time lifting her head, for her blue eyes to meet mine. I nodded to thank her and looked to my desk were the files I needed sat.

I scanned over them, knowing the information already as I only wrote them this morning before she arrived. I was running my ideas past her, none of them being affected by her opinion but she needed to know what was happening to the publishing house.

I looked back to her, were her lip was still locked under her teeth. It was turning white with the amount of pressure Chloe was placing under it, but I don't think she noticed as her thoughts seemed to be elsewhere.

I walked around my desk, and crouched in front of her. This caught her attention and she looked at me, biting even harder on her lip which I'm sure would cause her to tear her lip if she didn't stop.

My thumb moved to the edge of her lip, and I dragged it down realising her grip. The teeth marks evident as she looked down to my thumb.

"I don't need any distractions Miss Spencer." She just nodded and I stood up moving back around my desk picking up the paper and looking back to Chloe who gave me her full attention.

"I'm sorry about Saturday." She blurted out. I dropped the sheet back onto the desk, and leant forward on my desk, my hands supporting my weight. I raised my eyebrow at her with a questioning look on my face.

"I didn't mean to look at the pictures in your office, but I couldn't remember where I was and that was the only clue I could find." She rambled to me from her seat.

I figured she was doing that in my office, hence me taking them down the second that she had left. I couldn't stand looking at them anymore, looking at her and picturing her with her new life.

"Harry please," she begged standing from her seat, "please say something." Her eyes were glossing over and I didn't want her to cry but I need to put this space between us.

"I'm not publishing that manuscript." I told her, with no emotion in my voice. I glared at her and she looked shocked, I'm guessing she was looking more for my forgiveness.

"Why? It's an amazing story." She tried but I cut her off by holding up my hand. "Harry," she went to step around my desk, but I needed a physical object between us.

"Don't Chloe, you've already crossed to many lines," she slunk back behind the desk but I wasn't finished with her yet. "How can you publish a story that I know you look at as the characters being me and you?" I slammed my hand down on the desk and Chloe jumped. "Want to lie your way out of that one?" I shouted.

"Harry, I-I connected and felt passion-"

"Passionate? What made you feel passionate Chloe, imagining him being me, touching you and kissing you, making you fall in love?" I threw my hand from the desk and turned my back on her laughing dryly to myself.

"I-I don't know, it just," she grunted and it was silent.

I pushed my hair off my face and spun back around to Chloe as she sighed and looked to me.

What could make her so passionate about that, I broke her heart? She told me and I know I did, but that doesn't mean she's innocent either.

"I broke you Chloe, you broke me. What we were is dead; there is no passion, no lust and certainly no love." I shouted, finally I feel like a weight has been removed from my shoulders after all these years. But Chloe was on the brink of crying and I couldn't have her walking out of here in that state.

"Harry, please can't we just be friends?" She tried to reason, before a light sob broke from her lips.

I moved from my desk and took a hold of Chloe's wrists pushing her against the wall next to the door. She whimpered in my grip as I pushed her arms above her head and held my body flush against hers.

This is the closet we have been, and her breathing had picked up as well as mine.

I trailed my nose from the base of her neck to her jaw. I kissed her cheek, then her forehead, the other cheek and right next to her lips.

"We can never be friends, don't you see Chloe. We react to each other on a higher scale; even just the slightest kiss to your cheek has you shaking."

She hummed as I kissed the hollow of her neck, her hands moving to my hair.

"Our senses have heightened over the time we have been apart," I gasp as she tugs my hair, "I can only dream how you would react when I would do other things to your body." I moved my hand to her hip and she leant further into me as I breathed over her exposed collar bones.

"But I can't have you," I push away from her, leaving her sweaty and panting against my office wall.

I rub the taste of her skin from my lips as I turn my back to her.

I can hear her breathing heavily trying to control it.

I smirk to myslef knowing I had achieved what I set out to do, highten her feelings and emotions for me whilst I play the 'monster' and hold no heart within my chest.

"You may leave now Miss Spencer."

A/N: ITS THE 1st OF FEBRUARY MEANING ITS HAROLDS 21st BIRTHDAY!!!
I might cry, lie I already have!!
Five years of my life have been dedicated to this boy, and now I sit and write fiction about him. He is such a huge part of my life and I wouldn't have it any other way!! 
Can I also bring to your attention how hot this type of Harry is please, like push me up against a wall once in a while!
Anyway I hope you all enjoyed the chapter as I much as I did writing it! Next update, next Sunday. School work is taking over my life sob. :'(
Please comment, vote, share do your thing.
I love you all so much for your continued support, peace and love xx