25. Fairytale

Chloe ♥

I find myself sat on the edge of the four-poster bed, my breathing has accelerated, my hands are shaking and tears pool from my eyes.

Harry's words are running around my mind and I can't think clearly, this amazing man loves me! Still after everything, I know I should be happy but I feel so confused and out of place here.

I want to run away, as far as my legs can take me, which is probably only to the end of the pathway that leads to this house.

Why did I have to push him? I didn't know he was going to pour his heart and soul out to me, 'I've never loved anyone since or before you. You were it for me,'

I sob even more, have I ruined this man so much that he as he said, incapable to love anyone?

No he just needs to open his heart, unlock the chains he's wrapped around it and let himself fall again, he deserves to be loved and to love in return.

'I always thought when you left you'd come back to me, because you couldn't find anyone who made you feel the way I did, just heartbreak and misery, because that's all I felt Chloe'

Of course I was heartbroken, I ran away from him to find peace, to sort my head out I wasn't going to run back into the arms of the man who ruined me, who broke me.

I found Leo, he loves me and I love him, 'you don't look at Leo the way you used to look at me. You don't love him like you loved me Chloe; you loved me so much more.'

Did I? I was always worried that I would never find anyone after Harry and when I met Leo he was my one opportunity to start a fresh and have belief in love. He is so loving and caring, and my knight in shining armour.

I wipe the tears from my eyes and stand form my position on the edge of the bed and pace the room.

He's making me question everything, every decision I've made after him. Should I have gone back to him, should I have run into his arms and told him I forgave him and how much I love him.

'I thought the pain of seeing you like this would numb the pain I've been feeling for the past three years but it only seems to be making me fall even more in love with you, and that pain hurts so much more. Can't you see I'm mindlessly in love with you?'

Maybe I shouldn't be looking for a knight in shining armour, because fairytales aren't real. The only thing I know that is real is the burn that is making my heart pulse way faster than it should be. I need to tell him, I need to find him.

I pull my engagement ring off my finger, and shove it to the bottom of my jeans pocket and make my way to the closed bedroom door but as I pull the door open I am met with a young boy, older than myself, his fist lifted ready to knock with an awkward smile covering his face.

"Miss Spencer your luggage?" I step aside and let him carry my case into the room and place into onto the floor next to the dresser.

"Thank you Callum," I remember his name, Harry telling me he'd bring our suitcases into the house. I'm surprised at his Australian accent but smile at him anyway. His dark hair is messily pushed to the right of his forehead; his tanned skin is on show underneath the white polo and blue shorts he's wearing with white converse. He's cute but he's not Harry.

"Is there anything I can do for you Miss Spencer?" he holds his hands behind his back and searches my face for any inclination on what I'd like.

"Please call me Chloe, how long have you been working for Harry, erm I mean Mr Styles?" He laughs at my correction but keeps his professional posture.

"Since he bought the house, just a little over three years ago," I nod at this information, we would of still been together. How did he afford this? "He's an excellent boss Miss; he pays well and looks after me and Emily very well. He's more grateful than most."

"I'm not questioning him Callum, but I know how great of man he is." He nods and turns back to the door, opening it and leaving it with a quick 'good day' and I'm left again with my thoughts and suitcase.

I guess I should unpack. I lower to my knees in front of the case and unzip it staring at my collection of clothing I brought with me, where to start?

I pick up my pink binki and decided I'll clear my head with a swim in the Atlantic. I begin to peel my top over my head when there is a knock to my door again.

What if its Harry?

I pull my top back down and bounce over to the door opening it to be greeted by Emily holding a large pale pink box, with a white card sat atop it.

"May I come in Miss Spencer," I open my door for her and stand aside as she sets the box onto the ottoman and turns to look at me as I stay stood by the door.

"What's in the box?" I ask, tilting my head to the side to admire the box behind the older woman.

"It's for you off Mr Styles," I get excited at what possibilities could lay underneath the lid. "You can open it but he wants you to read this first," she hands me the white card with my name written across the front in his hand writing before I turn it over and read the message.

I found true love with you Chloe Spencer,
The kind you fight for, and always put first,
The love that makes you want to do good, and do better.
Not just for any girl, but for THE girl and that's you, and that's all I need.
My life, my love
Your Harry.

I can feel the tears prickle again in the corner of my eyes but I happily let them fall down across my cheeks.

I clutch the card to my chest and move to kneel down in front of the ottoman and lift the lid, I peel back the pink tissue and there lies a beautiful sliver gown, similar to the one I wore for our prom.

I cry even heavier and Emily moves to my side, pulling me into her chest. She doesn't say anything she just lets me cry, why did I walk away from this man?

He isn't incapable of love, he loves me.

His heart is so big, but he was selfish enough to not let anyone else fill it expect for myself.

"He really loves you Chloe."

"I know, and I think I love him too." I unravel myself from Emily's arms and lift the dress from the box and lay it out fully on my bed. Oh it's so beautiful.

"He wants you to wear this dress; he has dinner plans for you tonight. He'll come to your room at 7 Chloe." Emily turns her back and makes her way to the door.

"Wait, please," she stops and turns to me. "I need to see him, where is he?" She laughs lightly and smooth's a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"He's on the beach Chloe, but I think he'd rather wait and see you in that beautiful gown." She smiles and leaves me again.

I end up running myself a bath, re-reading and re-reading his note.

I'm in paradise, the clocks have turned and I'm living my fairytale, my fairy godmother has brought me a dress worthy of a princess and my prince won't be dressed in armour but in black.

My dark prince you've haunted me long enough, I'm ready to step out of the woods and into your arms once again.

I love you Harry Styles, I'm just sorry it took so long for me to realise it.

A/N: I'm literally crying!! My heart cannot take this!!!
FINALLY... but we all know it can't be hearts and flowers for long, oooooo
Please comment, vote, share, do your thing!
Updating next Saturday!
Happy international woman's day as well!!!
All the love xxx
And obviously Callum is played by Callum Hood from 5sos, he's adorable!!