CHAPTER 1: A New Life

POV THIRD PERSON.

In an unknown place the conscience of a ship awakens.

??: Where I am?

The consciousness of this ship asks herself, she is in a kind of totally transparent room, outside those walls you could see blurred figures that you could not know what they were.

??: What happened? Years ago it had been dismantled.

Because of her questions piling up, she didn't know what to do.

¿?? 2: Ferre, Ferre.

Ferre: Hmmm? Is someone calling me? (Menacing tone) Who are you !?

?? 2: I know you have served for a long time, however, I need you to return to service ...

Interrupting the words of the mysterious voice, Ferre speaks somewhat altered.

Ferre: Hah! Do not bother me! My life time is over and I want to sleep forever!

?? 2: I'm sorry if that's your wish, but you are now being revived.

Ferre: What !? You are committing a heresy by reviving the dead!

?? 2: Sorry, but I need your help as you are one of the old ships with modern and latest equipment.

Ferre: Are you okay? I do not have the latest generation weapons, there are other ships.

?? 2: If you are right, however, you are the only one of the group that possesses electronic warfare.

Ferre: (sigh) You're right, but it's not reliable, plus why don't you just summon a Zumwalt or Arleigh Burke class destroyer? You can also summon Gerald Ford aircraft carriers or a Kirov-class cruiser.

?? 2: You're right, but I can't summon them, I can only summon ships that passed away.

Ferre: (gaze flat) This ARA 25 de Mayo or ARA Belgrano C-4.

?? 2: Aircraft carriers need escorts and Belgrano does not have the firepower you possess, so a destroyer armed with 16 missiles, with CIWS systems and with experience that has lived 74 years would be the best choice.

Ferre: (sigh) Okay, what do you want?

?? 2: I need you to help humanity from an alternate universe to yours.

Ferre: What happened to humanity? Did they destroyed the planet or something?

?? 2: No, they were invaded by self-proclaimed Siren aliens, their powerful weapons and superior technology overwhelmed humanity, I will send you there ....

Ferre: (gets upset) Wait! Wait! How do you want me to fight technologically superior aliens !? I will be eliminated quickly! Also, what do I gain by accepting your conditions?

?? 2: You will have a second chance at life, you will be able to live as you want without depending on a crew to move you, answering your other question to the world that you will go, technology equals the years 1929-1940, there is also the Kansen technology that Ships will have human bodies.

Ferre: Wait. Will I be a mental model like in Arpeggio? Or Kancolle?

?? 2: Well it would be like Kancolle, but you can summon your rig and also your ship.

Ferre: I see.

?? 2: In case of how to operate your rig I will download it to your memory and also the details of common knowledge will also download it to your memory.

Ferre: Thank you.

?? 2: Well, enjoy your new life.

In this, Ferre's consciousness clouded into nothingness.