Chapter 18: A Crisis for the Empire

POV THIRD PERSON

The siren on the Pacific side decided to attack the empire's territories, because those areas were not protected by any kansen, this was because all the kansen had escort missions and the siren, taking advantage of the panic, could defeat all the kansen. Mass production ships easily and destroy the Sakura empire's bases.

SAKURA EMPIRE CENTRAL OFFICE

Mutsu is the current admiral of the combined fleet, because Nagato, Akagi, Kaga, Shokaku and Zuikaku were in Pearl Harbor as a task force in foreign territories, there was no other qualified person for the position and Mutsu had to take the job. As an admiral, the Sakura empire is the only faction that is not ruled by humans because the imperial family and the ministers and senates were killed in the war against the siren, due to this Nagato had to take the role of empress of the empire , but currently Mikasa is the one who rules the empire because Nagato is in Pearl Harbor.

Mutsu: (sigh) I hope my sister is okay.

Mutsu kept working.

BLANCK!

The door is slammed open and Mutsu is very surprised.

Mutsu: (Annoyed) Naka, it was very rude of you to enter without knocking on the door.

Naka's breathing is very heavy.

Naka: It's serious! Our front-line bases were attacked and invaded by siren! Our armed forces were forced back to the Truck base!

Mutsu: (Shock) that's impossible! Quick! Contact Nagato and report the current situation!

Naka: Understood!

Naka runs out to the communication room, when she reaches the communication room, she sends the information towards Pearl Harbor.

POV NAGATO

I was chatting with Enterprise in her office when Akagi bursts into the room.

Nagato: (somewhat annoyed) What's wrong? Don't you have manners?

Akagi: (pale) It's serious Nagato-sama.

Nagato: (worries) What's wrong?

Akagi: Our front-line bases have fallen.

Enterprise: (Shock) What? Isn't that serious?

Nagato: Tch, and to think that I would have a few more days of relaxation, what is the current situation?

Akagi: According to Mutsu-sama's report, all the survivors are at the base in Truk, there are a lot of human casualties, it is critical.

Nagato: What are our forces doing? Why did they allow the enemy to invade?

Akagi: Unfortunately, our shortage of staff was the trigger for this.

Nagato: I see, Akagi please inform Commander Isuzu that we are withdrawing due to these kinds of problems, also inform all the ships of our faction that we will sail tomorrow morning.

Akagi: I understand, right now I will go to inform her.

Akagi exits Enterprise's office.

Nagato: Sorry Enterprise, but I have to retire.

Enterprise: I will speak with the commander to request that a support force be deployed to the empire.

Nagato: Thank you very much Enterprise.

Enterprise: No problems.

After saying goodbye to Enterprise, I leave the office and head towards my ship to prepare to leave.

POV ENTERPRISE

Yes it is very serious, my friend Nagato does have it very difficult, she is the empress in her country and is also a diplomat in Azur Lane, without a doubt I do not know how she can deal with all this heavy work, but hey, like I am a good friend, I have to help her, with this in mind I go to the commander's office, when I arrived and entered I saw Akagi talking with the commander.

CO: Oh, you came Enterprise.

Enterprise: Yes, the Sakura empire is in danger, so we have to help them.

Akagi: (moved) Thank you Enterprise.

CO: I understand, but I must consult with the high command to authorize a massive deployment.

Enterprise: I understand.

Akagi: Well, if you'll excuse me, I have to prepare to go home.

CO: I understand.

POV FERRE

I was in my room while I was writing reports on our latest outing on patrol.

¡TCO! ¡TOC!

Somebody knocks the door.

Ferre: You can come in.

The door opens and Kaga and Zuikaku enter.

Kaga: Commander, we have bad news.

Ferre: (Write her reports) What is it?

Kaga: Zuikaku and I will return to our country.

Ferre: (Not understanding anything) Oh, I see ...... (realizes) Wait! What did you say!?

Kaga: Our front-line bases were attacked and destroyed, Nagato-sama has ordered a massive withdrawal to all the empire's ships in this base to return to our country to stop the enemy advance.

Ferre: (Sad) I see, well, if you have orders I can't stop them, (Smiles) See you another time if our paths intertwine once more.

Kaga: Thank you commander.

Zuikaku: Ferre-san, see you later, if we're lucky we don't have to part.

Ferre: (Doubtful) What do you mean?

Kaga: Our empress Nagato asked the Azur Lane organization for help, if the high command agrees it is likely that the main fleet of Azur Lane will go to the empire to repel the enemy.

Ferre: (smiles) I see, in that case when I finish preparing my reports I will go to prepare to sail.

Zuikaku: (smiles) Yes.

Kaga: Do you want me to help you?

Ferre: If you are free you can help me.

Kaga: In that case I will help you.

Zuikaku: Me too.

And so Kaga and Zuikaku help me to finish my report.

TO BE CONTINUE....................................