Chapter 38 / Chapter 39

NT: This chapter may have plot continuity errors because my computer has a terrible lag while I write and makes a letter take 10 seconds to write (And it is not a lie, it is actually happening to me), if there is an error I ask sorry.

POV FERRE

I had shot down the enemy plane.

Ferre: (Serious tone) It was an unforeseen attack, the plane teleported to our location randomly ... (Our location?)

Akagi: (Worried) What's wrong Ferre? Why did you shut up?

Ferre: Oh no, the enemy already knows our location!

Akagi: (Shock) That's impossible.

Kaga: What do we do?

¡PING!

[Radar contact, 20 flying objects are heading towards us, flies at subsonic speed, impact time 3 minutes.]

Ferre: 20 flying objects fly towards our position, arrival time 3 minutes.

Akagi: Nani !?

Hiryuu: (Panic) It's an ambush!

FOSSSHHHHHHHH!

I began to hear the sound of jet engines approaching, in that my early warning radar alerts me that these objects are not enemy planes, but rather missiles.

Ferre: Those are not airplanes! They are guided missiles!

Spee: Missiles? Fritz X?

Akagi: I don't know!

Ferre: We have to calm down! We must break formation!

Akagi: You're right! All the fleet break formation!

It was the obvious thing, the missiles emit a radar wave, if the missiles are guided by radar, my electronic warfare antenna can take care of this, however, I could see strange behavior of the missiles, the missiles did not alter the guidance and the worst thing is that all the missiles altered their courses and pointed towards me, that scared me a bit.

Ferre: What? Are they targeting me? That's impossible.

I altered my course once more and confirmed that all missiles are heading towards me, my armor is that of a conventional WWII destroyer, in short a Harpoon missile is enough to sink me, so I can't imagine how would be to be hit by 20 missiles.

Ferre: (Calming down) CIWS, prepare to intercept, charge passive electronic countermeasures.

The Breda Dardo systems prepared to fire, additionally I also prepared my guns to intercept.

[Distance 7km]

Ferre: Start defense!

¡BAM!

I started firing my 114mm cannons managing to shoot down 3 missiles, then I fired another salvo managing to shoot down another 4 missiles and then I started firing my cannons together at my CIWS.

TATATATATATATATATATATATATA!

My CIWS use 40mm cannons uses a 40mm high explosive ammunition for anti-aircraft use, the main task of the Breda Dardo is to provide anti-aircraft defense at close range and to be an anti-missile system as a secondary task, but because these missiles are very slow and very big, it was very easy to shoot them down, in the end all the missiles were shot down and none could get close to me. However, now I am without AA defense.

[CIWS system overheated, start barrel cooling process. Waiting time 5 minutes.]

I sighed in relief, I still don't know where my EA (Electronic Attack) system went wrong. Those missile guides should fail, but all the missiles were aimed at me.