7. Chapstick

**10 minutes earlier**

When she emerged from the purple mist, Luna was dropped into the water.
I should've learned how to swim when I had the chance... was all she could think as she frantically kicked her legs and moved her arms, but to no avail.
She was just... sinking.
I can't hold my breath much longer!! She started to get lightheaded.
Like that day in the pool when she was small...
When she thought the pretty way light shone through water was the last thing she would see.
I'm alone now.
She tried going up, she really tried.
But she stopped trying, because all she could see were various faces of the laughing people who'd watched her struggle like she was now.
And then she was whizzing through the water, breaking the surface and taking in all the air she could with a gasp.
"Tsu??" She breathed, barely catching sight of her friend before she was propelled in the air, landing on the deck of a boat with a thud.
She coughed, catching her breath.
"Midoriya??" She saw him laying a few feet away, dripping wet and also out of breath.
"Are you guys ok?" Tsu asked them.
"Yeah, thank you, Tsu..." She managed to stand up, running and giving her friend a tight hug, shaking a bit. "So much!!"
They heard commotion in the water and looked over the edge, seeing tiny, stupid villain heads dotting the pretty blue of the lake.
"Oh god, oh god..."
As Midoriya mumbled incoherently and Tsu assessed the villains, Luna immediately took out a marker and started drawing on the floorboards of the boat, taking great detail and coloring it. She got to pull all these cool new supplies from her belt, and use them. If they were in different circumstances, she'd be excited right now.
Good thing those villains had a lengthy monologue.
She saw that they were run-of-the-mill thugs and not especially powerful, but she couldn't underestimate them.
The villains started taunting them, saying the trio had a disadvantage fighting in the water, which they did.
"Luna what are you-"
"HEY FUCKFACES! I'VE GOT A WATER QUIRK TOO, YOU KNOW!! I CAN BEAT YOU WITH IT! DIEEEE!!" She put her foot up on the edge of the boat, looking as triumphant and arrogant as she could.
Channel your inner Bakugo, Luna.
She feigned a jump, making the drawing come to life just after she leaned forward. She got off the rail, and instead of her falling into the water, a huge killer whale did.
She'd given it one command: stall.
The momentum of it falling in pushed the boat back, and she was so close to falling in.
Modoriya rushed to grab her arm, pulling her back and into the boat.
She looked back at her classmates. "They th-think they're fighting me right now, we have some..." she was shaking violently. "Some time.."
She sunk down to sit, her breathing ragged.
She tried to take deep breaths, but she failed.
It was like being suffocated.
They tried to help her, ask her what was wrong, but...
She couldn't think, couldn't do anything but stare at the stain on the wall next to Midoriya's head and try to breathe.
She quickly drew an inhaler on her arm, her vision blurring. It was squiggly, didn't have many puffs, but it worked.
Puff. Inhale. Exhale.
She panted, her breathing steadying to normal pace.
They've been here for maybe a minute or two, why'd it feel like so much more?
"Kanazuki??"
"Yes, sorry. I'm okay..." she tiredly reassured them. Only now did the fatigue set in. Of course it would, she made a killer whale.
I bet my eyes are probably dulling, that's what's worrying them.

Fun Fact: The more she exerts her power, the duller Luna's rainbow eyes get, and when she's fully spent, they turn completely gray.

"Now, I didn't make that animal so we could just sit here." She smiled. "I'm betting Midoriya's been working on a plan this whole time?"
"...I don't think they know our quirks, because they put Asui-"
Tsu gave him a look.
"Uh- Tsu in the water." He was timid, but brave when he needed to be, and smarter than he looked. Luna found it endearing.
"-So we all should know each other's quirks." He continued. Shit, did she miss the first part??
Midoriya started. "I have super strength, it's strong but it breaks my body when I use it."
She took in the information with a nod.
Tsu spoke up. "I can do pretty much anything a frog can. I can jump high, climb walls, and stick my tongue out 20 feet. I'm also good in water."
"I can draw almost anything and animate it, as long as I know the basics of how it works. I can make people and animals, but they act on a single command. I also can't draw other people's quirks. And I used, maybe... half of my power on that whale?"
Midoriya already had a plan brewing in that crazy capable brain of his, and he whispered it to them.
***
"aaaAAAHHHH!!!"
Luna panicked as she looked over the railing, seeing a spreading pool of crimson.
Did her animal... did she just kill someone..?
"My arm!!!" The guy yelled as he surfaced.
She let out a breath. Phew.
Midoriya nodded as he jumped over the edge, using his quirk to literally blow the villains away.
She marveled at the sheer strength he had, that the wind power making a tornado on the lake below them was just a side effect of what he did.
She was pulled up, cutting through the air, Tsu's arm securing her by the waist.
Them leaving the boat was the end of the command for the whale, making the poor little guy disintegrate into graphite dust. It was better than actually being killed, though.
I even named him....
They landed in the shallow water by the edge, close to the plaza.
There it was, the entrance!
She covered her mouth, biting on her hands so she couldn't scream as she watched her teacher and Simon get beaten horribly.
The three of them just stood there. Why were they just standing there?
The warp guy from earlier showed up, telling Mr. Hands-on-face that one of the kids got away, and they discussed further action.
Luna gasped in excitement, her face lighting up. I wonder who it was... Then, immediately, it darkened.
Because the man with the hands turned his head at the sound, and started towards them.
He was so fast, reaching for her and Midoriya's heads before she could even process that he'd moved at all.
But nothing came. Aizawa was using what consciousness he had left to erase his quirk, struggling so hard.
Midoriya burst up, aiming a punch at the guy, but the birdbrain got in his way.
How fast is this thing??
And when the dust cleared...
How strong is this thing?? No effect at all??
Shit, shit, shit.
Aizawa wasn't conscious, Simon wasn't conscious. No one could help them as Mr. Crusty stalked towards them, the frankenstein monster screeching behind him.
One of his hands was reaching towards her head, daunting.
And then this sort of light burst into the building, seeping into all the cracks and corners.
This deep voice echoed even to their ears, all the way from the entrance.
She immediately burst into tears. All might!!
Just like that, Crusty pulled his hands away, commanding the Nomu to take on the #1 hero that was suddenly right in front of them.
She couldn't register exactly what he told them, but she got the gist: take the heroes to the entrance.
She rushed over to Simon.
Think... What can you make???
Oh! A gurney!!
She drew two, and Tsu helped her lift up Simon onto one, while Midoriya got Aizawa onto the other.
Thank god for All Might.. She thought as she looked back and saw the Nomu sinking his claws into All Might's sides, through a warp gate.
Oh my god..
Midoriya bolted towards them, leaving Tsu and her to push the beds themselves.
"Midoriya!!" Tsu yelled, but he never stopped.
Luna saw Bakugo, Kirishima, and Todoroki rushing over too.
"They'll be ok.." She told Tsu, pushing the bed forward. She was reassuring herself, mostly.
They ran the beds to the entrance, where she drew basic medical supplies. It would help them for now...
She gawked at the plaza. What was going on?
And then something flew out the building, breaking the window. She grinned when she saw it was a dark purple.
He won!!!