11. Suck my Butt

"This first task is gonna be...." the spinner stopped. "An obstacle race!!"
A diagram showed up on screen. "The track stretches around the stadium, and there will be obstacles along the way. You can use your quirks however you want, and whoever comes first wins!"
Simon chuckled at that, currently sitting in the commentator box with Mic and Aizawa. "An obstacle race? When I was in school, we had to fight giant robots."

Luna took a deep breath as the gate was about to open. She hadn't looked for her mom yet, she couldn't. She was going to do good at this, and fucking win. Maybe it was for herself, cause she enjoyed this, no matter how much she didn't want to.
As soon as the gate opened, it was chaos. She was getting elbowed here, squeezed there. She could barely see.
As soon as there was space she immediately ran to the front of the group, hastily tracing a marker on her arm.
She held the marker tightly, smiling. Now she had a chance.
The ground rumbled, and she struggled to keep her balance.
These humongous things rose out of the opening ground, and when the dust cleared, she groaned.
This fucker???
The zero point robots from the entrance exam stood there, locking onto their targets. Robots. Plural.
Seriously? There are like, three of them!!
She saw Todoroki freeze them over, a chill descending on everyone.
She didn't have time to marvel at his sheer power right now.
She almost ran under, but...
No, they look like they're about to fall.
And when saw a certain blonde asshole getting riled up, she got an idea.
She drew a rope, a super sticky gum-like substance at the end of it. She made this sticky stuff when she was a kid one time, she'd never seen anything that worked better.
He propelled himself into the air, as expected.
She aimed, anddddd... threw.
It latched itself onto his back, unnoticed.
Fuck yeah!! That was way too lucky.
She grabbed on, and she felt herself being dragged through the air after him.
It threw off his balance a bit, and they fell to the ground tumbling on the other side.
The grinding of the metal as the huge robots fell was deafening.
I hope no one is hurt...
Immediately, she bolted forward, laughing.
How come she was laughing at a time like this??
Maybe it was Bakugo's angry face and promises of murder, or maybe it was the thrill of competition.
Either way, she secured second place.

"Were those the robots you wanted, Simon?" Aizawa questioned with a slight smile.
Her mouth was wide open. "Yep, those work."

Oh god.
She gawked at the pillars in front of her, and the fatal spaces in between. She wasn't that scared off heights, but falling to your death? Kinda scary.
Think.
She knelt to the ground, doing a quick sketch...

"Is that... a pterodactyl???" Simon asked, dumbfounded.
Aizawa's eyes were barely peaking through his bandages. "Hm. Creative."
"A STUDENT FROM 1-A IS RIDING A... DINOSAUR? LUNA UHHH..."
Simon whispered to Mic. "Wechlser. Like weck- shlur."
"LUNA WECK-SHLUR HAS TAKEN FIRST PLACE!!!"
The audience was confused, but still going crazy at how cool it looked.

She cringed as she heard Mic mispronounce her name. It wasn't his fault it was super white, though. She had her dad to blame for that.
I blame you for this. You suck. She aimed her mental insult at the sky. Could he hear her? Maybe.
She stroked the dino's head. "Don't fly too high, ok, bud? The air's already thinning as it is."
This one drained her power a lot, a risky move to make, because she didn't know how much left of the track there was.
She almost felt the stress get to her, but she wouldn't let it. Don't let yourself relax, Luna.
"Wish me luck, Shrimpy.." She said as the flying reptile crumbled into graphite dust.
Bakugo was ahead of her now, having flown over everything just like before, but everyone else was still just getting to the ledge, and Todoroki was just finishing, right behind her.
They were the main threats right now.
Breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth, and keep running.
When Todoroki passed her, she tried to go even faster.
A world of quirks and fucking asthma is what's slowing me down??
"LOOKS LIKE WES-LER'S SHORT LEAD HAS BEEN TAKEN! WHAT WILL SHE DO???

She came up on the next obstacle.
A minefield? Are you kidding me??
She saw Todoroki stepping through them, visibly hurrying.
The rest of the students were coming up.
Shit shit shit. Think...
All that she could think of was the ice that kept catching her eye in the distance, back where they came from. It was glinting in the sun, quite pretty.
Her eyes lit up. Ice!!! That's it!!
You know the movie Frozen?
You know the scene where Elsa makes these snow pillars that Anna jumps on?
This could work...
Or she could die.
A simple shape, a pile really. She could draw it while flying in the air.
Which was a good thing, because that's what she was doing.
The pillar would solidify right as she landed on it, so the mines under it would explode, and she'd jump again, drawing another basic shape on her arm in the time it took her to land.

Simon looked on in awe as she watched Luna cross the minefield, very explosively.
Everything she did showcased creativity and resourcefulness. Her decisions were kind of brash and risky, but they always paid off. It stood out immensely.
She's gonna get the attention of a lot of pros with this...
When the camera zoomed in, she saw a grin on the girl's face as she flew through the air, snow flying behind her.
She was made for this. Why is she trying so hard to fail??
Simon got an idea.

Everytime she landed, she wondered if she could even muster the energy to jump. The drawings were simple, but they were at least three stories high. It drained her way too much. The air around her was barely breathable, for a normal person, much less her asthmatic ass, and it got worse with every hill she made.
But being exploded was surprisingly a great motivator.
She didn't take into account that in the movie, this scene didn't end too well.
She was almost there, a few feet... come on..
She jumped, putting her marker to her arm again, but then a huge vibration shook the whole field. What in the f u c k was that???
The sound scared her, making her hit the ground with a thud.
That fall was supposed to be a bit softer...
She screamed in pain, but she got up anyway, biting her lip to distract from the searing pain in her wrist and up her forearm. Broken, probably.
Someone flew over her head, over the two in the front, but she couldn't tell who it was. Her vision was so blurry.
She just needed to run, move her legs..
It was like her body knew before she did, when she crossed the line, because her legs gave out, and she tumbled over.
No, she had to get up...
What did she place???
I'm fourth. Am I actually fourth????
OH MY GOD, I'M ACTUALLY FOURTH.
She grinned. Even though she was competitive as hell and wanted to be first, she was still pretty damn proud of herself.
Mom can suck a butt right now, I'm gonna win.
She dwelled on that thought before making her way over to Recovery Girl.