29. Little Hero

(A/n: sorry for the super long chapter! I got carried away lol -🦀✨)

RISE AND SHINE! TODAY IS GONNA BE SO-" Simon's intense glare stopped when she saw Luna already sitting up in her bed, on her phone.
"Morning, Si!" She called as she stretched.
Simon pouted. "How are you already awake..?"
"It's 11am. This isn't early." She pointed out.
Simon huffed. "Well get dressed, I have a job for you."

"Yeah?" Luna asked as she stumbled on one foot, fixing her shoe.
Simon stood in the middle of her apartment still.
"Oh- we're not going out. Come help me put all my things in bags."
"I- okay..?"

"Done." Luna said as she stared at just a couch and an empty living room.
"Great! I'm gonna go donate everything here to a thrift store. You have until I get back from doing that and a lunch break to make and put everything back exactly the way it was." Simon informed.
"Wait, what?!"
"You have like.. an hour and a half!"
"No! You had so much junk!" Luna yelled as the door shut. She cried out in a last stitch attempt. "Isn't this tax evasion or something? It feels like tax evasion!!"
"I'm donating, not selling! It's fine!"
Great...

Simon was feeling great!
She loaded the bags into her rental, smiling.
Putting her observation skills to the test, while giving Luna a stress free and well ventilated environment to push her abilities.
She expected her to do good enough with the memorable parts of the room.
Simon came up with it in the shower yesterday. She was such a good teacher.

"That blanket was blue." Simon pointed out the literal only thing wrong.
The room was exactly the same as before.
Actually, Luna had given her a new coffee table and a fluffy rug, as well as fixed her lights so they weren't hanging low enough to choke anyone that was 5'4 or taller. She'd even detailed how the old coffee table looked, and why she was doing Simon a favor by replacing it.
So she fixed it better than it was.
But that blanket was definitely blue.
"It was green, like your entire kitchen and fireplace." Luna argued.
"No, I'm definitely right."
"See the thing is you're absolutely not. Out of the two of us, you have a terrible memory and I have photographic memory, and I hated the blanket so I remember it."
Simon squinted. "It was like a royal blue color.." she was now unsure herself.
"Sage green. It was sage green."
"Are you-"
"Yes! I'm sure it was a green blanket!"
"Okay! Okay!" Simon put her hands up in defense.
As Simon stared at the blanket with an intense look, Luna let a breath out.
It actually was blue. Luna had forgotten.
But she'd gone too far with this lie to give up now...
Simon's phone buzzed in her pocket, and she checked it.
"Oh hell yeah!" She cheered.
"Huh?"
"Change out of your costume, we don't have to wear them today~!" Simon sang and cheered. "We're gonna probably be doing rounds around the building, so wear something casual and dark."
"Ooooh!" Luna cheered as she went into her room/the guest room.
Simon ran to the bathroom happily, grabbing her half wig.
She clipped it in behind her pink bangs, and it covered the blue hair with a matching pink color. It reached her lower back, and it always made her feel like a spy.
She changed her makeup and clothes, looking more and more like a stranger.
When she got to the living room, Luna gasped.
All Luna had done was braid her hair and put on a hoodie!
"Who is this?!" She gasped. "You look like the mean girl in a musical."
"You look like a girl in a low effort undercover disguise." Simon gave as a rebuttal.
"Okay Simon Says." Luna emphasized, rolling her eyes. "Cause I'll be a real easy person to recognize."
"Ten push ups!" Simon ordered as she opened her fridge and grabbed her coffee bottles.
"Ooh! Do I get coffee??" Luna asked as she went down on the floor.
"No, you get pushups."
"You're drinking two coffees??"
Simon scoffed and put them in her shoulder bag.
"Are you..?" Luna inquired.
Simon checked her phone.
"Oh! It's for your boyfriend!" Luna teased as she got back up.
"If your time didn't just improve in that set, I would be killing you right now." Simon said calmly as the door opened.
The girls turned.
Aizawa had his hand on the doorknob, surprised that it had opened.
"You should really lock your front door, Jane."
"You should not immediately try to open my door??" Simon squinted. "Plus, I pay the people across the hall to send their kid to water my plants while I'm gone.."
Luna got up. "Speak of the devil.." she pushed them aside to put her shoes on. "Simon got you something." She told him.
Simon glared at her a moment.
"Why is she-?" He began to ask.
"I'm going to the car. I'mma try and get rid of my headache, so you two take your time discussing whatever you need to." She said, looking back and winking at Simon.
Simon shook her head in disappointment as Luna slipped by the door and into the elevator.