16. Speedrun

The whole fight was chilling. No pun intended.
Simon knew that this would be an extreme fight, and she had hope for Luna, no matter the odds.
But just seeing how they interact and feel towards each other, she didn't know if tutoring was the best idea...

Simon then watched poor Kaminari flirt and then get his ass kicked within the minute. He was one of her favorite students, but she still felt the urge to laugh.

The next round, she felt like she should've stepped in. Hastume Mei fully embarrassed the hardest working person in class 1-A to advertise her support gear. But, she rationalized her anger and stayed quiet, no matter how much she hated it.
She was just competing for the same thing they are: attention from the pros.

The next fight was much more uplifting.
Ashido destroyed Ayoyama quite easily, and her last move was what made her happy.
Simon taught her that way to uppercut!
Mina's bright attitude sure did make the crowd go wild.
She looked up briefly, chuckling as she saw Luna screaming her lungs out, holding a pink banner.

Two of her most powerful students stepped up, and she didn't have one clue who would win.
Yaoyorozu was quick to make a shield, but Tokoyami quickly overwhelmed her, not giving her time to think of anything besides another shield as he pushed her back again.
Her shoulders dropped as she started to make a staff, not realizing she was out of bounds.
Poor girl looks devastated..

Now, the next fight was one to watch.
And watch.
And watch.
Tetsutetsu and Kirishima went on and on, being mirror images of each other to the point where Simon had felt like she was using her quirk too much, getting tired.
They knocked each other out, and Midnight declared the draw.
Simon turned to Midnight. "They were fighting so long that I started to get sleepy.." she said with a slow blink and a yawn that made her ears point down.
She heard awes, and remembered that she had a mic on, blushing wildly as picture after picture were taken.
It wasn't like usual, so she was much less uncomfortable, especially because she wasn't alone on the stage.

Now, this next fight was something else entirely.
She knew that no matter what, she would keep them both safe, but everyone knew Bakugo wouldn't hold back.
Instantly, Uraraka came at him, forcing him to counter instead of land the first blow.
He sent a blast straight at her, and she got straight up.
She was going hard, using her jacket as a decoy, unafraid to go back in again and again.
But soon after that, people were flinching with each blow.
One man shouted that he was acting like a villain, and Simon sent a death glare back to where her enhanced ears heard it.
She scoffed.
A pro..?
People began agreeing, and she just focused on the fight, reminding herself of the words she said before every round.
'I want neither of you to hold back..'
Every time Uraraka was hit, and every time she got back up, she repeated those words.
People were screaming for Simon to stop the match, yelling and booing.. her head was filled with their voices calling her cruel and sadistic.
Funny how quickly crowd mentality changes.
Then, she looked up, her eyes following one piece of rubble, and smiled.
Neither of you are holding back...
Then, an unexpected but highly appreciated call out. "To the man who started this uproar, are you a Pro Hero? Cause if you are, you should go home, hang up your cape, and start looking for a new job." Simon looked to the commentary booth, eyes wide. Aizawa...
"Bakugo recognizes his opponents strength, and is doing everything he can to keep her at bay."
Took the words from my mouth! She thought with a satisfied smirk.
It took less than a moment, and Uraraka released, sending her meteor shower down.
She had him!
Only, she didn't.
A blast that felt like a sandstorm to the face destroyed all of the debris.

Luna had faith in her friend, but it hurt to see her get batted down like that, getting up again and again, only to be blasted more.
Someone in her class yelled. "Ms. Alia!! Stop the battle!!"
She stood up, looking back at them. "You're underestimating Uraraka."
"He's acting like a villain!!"
"He's acting smart! She's stronger than that, did it occur to you that he could be struggling, that he couldn't just put her out of action if he wanted??"
"Uh-"
"Look up, idiot."
She sat back down in her spot next to Midoriya.
"Thanks.." He said quietly.
"I don't like that people think she can't handle him." She huffed.

She pushed Bakugo to his limit! That blast definitely tired him out.
Simon planted her feet in the same way Bakugo did, ready for the real fight to begin.
Maybe it was a Taurus thing.
They were both surprised when she fell hard and hit the ground, expecting a lot longer left to go.
But she was done.
And Simon was proud.

"Good luck, Midoriya!!" Luna cheerily gave him a thumbs up.
"Thanks!" He matched her demeanor for a moment, but she could see his face fall as he turned around.
She saw Todoroki getting up to leave too, and for some reason, she rushed over to him.
"Hey.."
He turned to her. "What?"
"...good luck." She smiled.
His face held the same expressionless expression, but she could see his eyes soften a bit. She'd take that as a good sign.
"Thanks."
She stiffly walked back to her seat. Why did she do that again?

God...
Midoriya was breaking his body, wrecking his fingers, again and again, to help the guy he was trying to fight.
She didn't even try to help him before.
I did the exact opposite...
She watched Todoroki, watched his face change as the fight went on, as Midoriya tried to convince him he wasn't his father.
She didn't know what to feel when he burst into flames. He's learning how to face reality, right?
She glared daggers when Endeavor yelled. She knew she was right never to like him.
That fucker.
She wanted to squeeze his brains out. I really hope he doesn't get an undeserved redemption arc.
And when he made a fire blast so powerful it burned off half his shirt, she looked away.
He's working through really important trauma right now, you're not allowed to gawk at his body!!!
Nonono...
She almost cried out as they headed toward each other for the show stopping blow.
She watched intently as Midoriya was knocked out of bounds.
If he keeps doing that to himself...
She was worried, for both of them.

She ran up to Midoriya along with a few others as he walked back into the student viewing section. "Are you ok??"
"Yeah..."
And Todoroki walked in too, but she just stared.
She decided not to go up to him.
I'm overstepping my bounds here.

"Kanazuki, Todoroki, can I talk to you for a moment?" Simon asked.
They both followed her into the hallway.
"I don't think you guys should tutor together. The battle, it was intense, and it obviously affected both of you.." She sighed. "But it's still your guys' choice for your grades. I don't wanna assume how you're feeling."
Luna looked down, guilt quite literally coloring her eyes. Did she do something to him?
"If Kanazuki agrees, I would like to continue with the original plan." He stated.
Luna glanced up at him, surprised.
"Kanazuki?" Simon looked at her.
"Um, if it's ok with him, then yeah."
Simon smiled down at them. Up at them, actually, she was shorter than both of them.
"Ok then, tutoring starts after work studies! You can meet whatever time and place you want, but Kanazuki, you need a guardian's signature for each study session."
She was surprised when she got a smile from the girl. "Thanks!!"
2 months of school and that kid is finally warming up to me...
Simon's eyes lit up a bit at the thought.