F O R T Y T H R E E

♡♡♡

October 31st, 2018

Lilah sighed as she finished tying her orange boots onto her feet, the girl making sure her hair was tied back as neatly as possible before she walked over to Kepa.

"Who is it today?" She asks.

"Reckon we could get either Willian and Luiz." Kepa replies, nudging her softly before she decides to scope out where everyone was. She walks out of the changing rooms and makes her way down the hallway, the girl humming to herself as she approaches the rest of her team.

"Ah, you're here." Willian smiles at her as she stands with them, her back facing Mason who could see her directly in his eyeliner. He wanted nothing more than to go over and hug her tightly, but she was on the opposing team and both of their teammates would bite their heads off for it. 

"I'll be back in a moment." Lilah smiles before she goes back to the changing rooms.

"Willian." Lilah grins.

"Nice one." Kepa high-fives her, the two of them hiding several of Willian's things around before they left the changing rooms and returned to their group. Kepa went to sit in the substitute box whilst everyone else lined up, Lilah and Mason both ignoring one another which surprised their teams massively.

Truth was, Mason and Lilah had a huge argument before the game and now weren't on speaking terms, neither of them wanting to admit they were being stubborn over something so silly. She even went as far as to not shake his hand before the game, Mason knowing he'd well and truly touched a nerve earlier on.

"You okay?" Willian asks her as they start to get into their positions,

"Perfect." She replies, the girl standing in the middle circle with Jack Mariott in front of her.

Lilah lost all of her thoughts about the argument the second the whistle rang through her ears, the girl putting all of her concentration into the game she was playing. By the time it hit halftime, the score was 2-2 and the first two goals from Chelsea weren't by any of the players, but by the other team scoring in their own goal.

After enduring a long 15 minutes of talk from Sarri and watching Willian struggle to find his things, the girl went back out onto the pitch with a fixed mindset and that was to score a goal, nothing more, nothing less.

"Lilah!" She hears someone shout, the girl turning for a second to see her boyfriend with the ball. She internally screamed before she tackled it from him and sprinted away from the entire Derby County team to their side, the girl almost being tackled by Waghorn but she kicks the ball between his legs and moves around him, booting it into the top left corner of the net.

She does her usual Frankenstein Celebration before the rest of her team race over and hug her tightly, the girl taking in all the cheers from the crowd at Stamford Bridge before they returned to the game. Mason's blood was boiling but then again, he understood why she tackled him considering their teams were tied.

Lilah sighs in relief when the whistle blows, the girl lying down on her back on the pitch for a second before Sarri races over to her and helps her up, hugging her tightly after she was the only one on her team who scored them a goal that game.

♡♡♡

"It's freezing." Lilah mutters to herself the second she steps foot in the house, the girl turning on the heating for the house before she takes off her shoes and hangs her coat up. She knew eventually that her and Mason would need to sort things out, and after tackling him today she didn't think that today was her best option.

She knew he was home purely because the living room light was on considering he always lies on the sofa for 15 minutes after a game. Lilah pulled her hair out of its hair tie before she walked into the living room, the girl looking at Mason who had his eyes closed with a small smile. She walks over to him and thinks for a second before she pokes his side, the brunette jumping half a million miles away out of fear.

"Jesus Christ." Mason holds his hand to his chest.

"Did you not hear me come in?" She questions, watching him shake his head.

"You're a midget so you've got quiet footsteps." Mason grins cheekily.

"I'm 5'8, that's hardly small. I'm literally 2 inches smaller than you." Lilah laughs, moving away from him to go into the kitchen. Mason sighs in relief as he stands up, the boy following her into the kitchen and wrapping his arms around her waist from behind.

"Nice goal by the way, don't think I've ever seen my team so shocked to watch how fast you are." Mason laughs softly.

"Apologies for tackling you, I didn't hurt you did I?" She asks, watching him shake his head.

"I apologise for what I said earlier, it was unfair of me." Mason sighs, resting his head on her shoulder softly.

"I apologise also, now, what do we have for dinner?" She asks.

"Anything." Mason laughs softly as she moves away from him, the girl checking her phone.

"No way, Kepa's just said Willian gave up trying to find his stuff so he's had to help him get it all." Lilah laughs.

"They still don't know you guys are behind it?" Mason questions.

"Not one bit, they think it's Luiz and Hazard." She replies, moving her hair out of her face as Mason kisses her.

"I hope its still like this when I get there." Mason grins.

"Please, no one will ever know what me and Kepa are up too." Lilah shakes her head at him softly, pecking his lips a few times.

"It's your turn to cook." She grins at him before she disappears to get herself a shower.

Mason shakes his head as she disappears, the boy looking through their various kitchen cupboard to see what he could make before ultimately deciding he would just order them both a domino's and they would have to do an extra gym session to make up for it tomorrow.

♡♡♡