O N E - E I G H T Y O N E

♡♡♡

July 26th, 2020

"This sucks." Kepa huffs as he sits in the changing rooms with his kit on and his jumper over the top.

"I know it does." Lilah frowns at him, the girl looking at him with an apologetic smile before the team were called to go on. The team were donning the new 2020/2021 kits as they walked out of the tunnel to the Liquidator, the majority of them prepared to take up their last Prem match of the season.

The game started soon enough and it was a rough first half, the two teams being given a little extra time after the halftime line considering they had a penalty. Lilah was chucked the ball as she put it down on the floor, the girl looking at it before she looked around and motioned for Mason to take it instead. 

"Don't ask questions." She smiles, patting his chest softly before she moves to stand with Azpi and Giroud. Mason looked at her and nodded, the brunette taking the penalty and 'recreating' his penalty from when he was younger, the ball hitting the top left corner which left Wolverhampton Wanderers in despair and Chelsea in excitement. 

Lilah embraced him tightly, the girl overly happy with the penalty he'd taken before they got back to the match. Lilah sprints across the pitch as fast as possible, Mason tackling the ball from one of the other players and kicking it over to Lilah who was racing against one of the Wolverhampton players. She lost it for a second but managed to slip around the player and slide, kicking the ball into the net before the rest of her body met the floor.

She stood up with help from the Wolverhampton player and cheered, the girl raising her hand and putting 4 fingers up in dedication to Lando before the rest of her team hugged her with excitement.

♡♡♡

"Champions League baby!" Lilah shouted in the changing rooms, listening to the rest of the players cheer as they changed. She sat beside Kepa and smiled at him softly, the girl ruffling his curly hair before she sits down on the bench.

"I've screwed it up haven't I?" Kepa asks.

"Have you balls, Kep. You just need to regain your confidence." She responds, the girl looking at him as he buries his face in his hands and sighs. Lilah frowns before she engulfs him in a soft hug, the girl knowing that he was disappointed with himself for his performance in the last few games.

"They're gonna loan me." Kepa huffs.

"Who said that?" She furrows her eyebrows, the lad shrugging his shoulders whilst she was still hugging him.

"Bugger off, Kep, you know you're a good goalie, we all know you're a good goalie, we just need to boost your confidence a little and get you back to Happy Kepa." She smiles at him reassuringly, the Spanish lad looking at her before he cracks a smile too.

"Thank you Del." He sighs as she starts to tie her trainers up.

"No problemo Kep." She grins.

♡♡♡

"20 days." Mason says as he changes the number on the chalkboard hanging beside the backdoor.

"I'm surprised you remember to do that every day." Lilah replies, moving her hair out of her face as she and Mason walk outside into the beaming sun.

"Well when we're counting down to something as important as our wedding day, you remember." Mason looks at her as she sits down on one of the sun loungers, her hair in french plaits and her sunglasses perched on her freckled nose. 

"Are you insinuating I've forgotten?" She looks at him.

"Never said anything of the sort." Mason shrugs as he sits down on the sun lounger beside hers.

"I'll have you know I have half a dozen bridesmaids and a maid of honour who message me every morning to tell me how many days left." Lilah smiles softly, her fiance reaching for her hand to hold whilst they sunbathed.

"Good goal today by the way gorgeous, I remember that from training a fair few years ago." Lilah smiles.

"Your goal was pretty smooth too angel." Mason grins as Lilah's phone starts ringing, the girl picking it up with her free hand and putting it to her ear.

"I saw you do it! You did it!" Lando calls, making the two of them laugh.

"I told you I'd dedicate it to you Lando." She replies.

"I understood absolutely none of the game but I loved it! Thank you Del." Lando grins on his side of the conversation.

"Make sure you rub it in George's face for me."

♡♡♡

author's universe - I'm tryna get as much updating done today 'cause I've got work all day tomorrow and I'm always exhausted afterwards :)