O N E - S E V E N T Y F I V E

♡♡♡

June 28th, 2020

"Wahooo." Kepa shouts as the team leave the coach, Lilah jumping on Kepa's back from the last step of the coach as he takes them inside King Power Stadium. After a strong start back at Stamford Bridge for the Blues, with Lilah scoring in both of their first games back and now they were in Leicester to compete against the team for the FA Cup.

"What are you, Waluigi? Get going Kep." Lilah laughs as she drops her feet on the floor, the girl not feeling as anxiety-ridden as she usually does whenever she steps foot in this particular stadium.

"I have not missed this kit, I'll tell you that in confidence." Lilah huffs as one of the Leicester players walk past her with their home kit on. She high-fives Madders as he walks past her, the girl not batting an eyelash at Ben as he walks by her to go to the changing rooms. 

Ben felt a weird sense of guilt as he walked by her, the brunette having the overwhelming feeling that what he said to her was wrong and that it was actually Jess in the wrong. He'd been collecting puzzle pieces since the day they stopped talking, and every single one of them had Jess' name written all over them.

♡♡♡

"I swear every time he stares at me he genuinely makes me shiver." Lilah complains as she starts walking out of the tunnel to continue the next half of the game. After an intense first 45 minutes with nether side scoring a goal, the girl was more determined then ever to net a goal.

"Kiss me." Mason whispers, the girl pressing a quick kiss to his lips before he goes to sit in the subs box, Barkley coming onto the pitch to replace him.

"Oi Finnegan!" She hears someone shout, the girl turning to see Ben coming towards her. She rolls her eyes and jogs onto the pitch with Barkley, the girl getting right back into the game rather then letting Ben get to her.

Lilah calls for Ross as he retrieves the ball, knowing the blonde would try to get his own goal but he was close to being tackled so he passed it over to Lilah. The girl got the ball away from Leicester and booted it into the back of the net, the girl cheering as her teammates hug her in support.

"Delilah Finnegan nets the first shot of the game, 63 minutes in. What a shot that was, the girl is absolutely smashing it for the Blues after the restart and she is definitely going nowhere this summer, I can assure you that." The commentator speaks as Lilah waves at Mason before the game continues.

♡♡♡

"I'll be out in five." Lilah huffs as the remainder of the team leave the changing rooms, prepared to go back home. Lilah finishes tying her shoes up before she walks out with her bag over her back, the girl moving her hand from underneath the bag strap.

"Lilah." She hears someone call, the girl turning to see Ben.

"I don't wanna talk to you." Lilah dismisses him, the girl continuing to walk down the hallway to get away from him.

"I made a mistake." He calls, the girl stopping in her tracks.

"Look, I believed Jess over you when I shouldn't have and I've fucked up big time." Ben admits.

"And it took you two months to admit that?" Lilah questions, turning around to look at him as he sighs.

"I know it's bad-" Ben begins.

"No, you know what's bad? You were my first real mate at Leicester and you throw all of that away for an 18-year-old girl, who by the way is actually more plastic than flesh, and you think you can turn around and say sorry and magically think everything's gonna be fine?" Lilah argues, noticing how Ben wasn't expecting her to blow up on him.

"Look, it's bad, it's really really bad, I know and I should've believed you and not her, but you don't understand Del." Ben pleads.

"What don't I understand? That she's a lying, manipulative bitch? Ben she was on your phone when you weren't there and she made me feel like absolute shit all the damn time. The fact you believed those messages were ever sent from me is beyond me because you know for a damn fact I would never treat anyone like that, even if I don't like them." Lilah hits back.

"What did you expect to happen? When I see a message from someone I love and trust absolutely abusing my girlfriend, I'm gonna believe my girlfriend aren't I?" Ben huffs.

"When you love and trust someone you don't believe the girl you've known for three months Ben! Look I'm holding up the team, I need to go." Lilah runs a hand through her hair in frustration, dismissing Ben with a wave of her hand and walking away from the situation.

"Del please, please let me fix this." Ben pleads.

"I have to go." Lilah retaliates, the girl walking out of the stadium and into the coach, her seat having been stolen by Cabellero so she sat with Mason and Lampard instead.

"You okay angel?" Mason asks, the girl nodding and leaning her head on his shoulder.

"Can we all have a loud cheer for the fact I didn't have a panic attack for the first time since I left Leicester?" Lilah calls, the entire team cheering which makes her laugh.

"What kept you held up back there Finnegan?" Lampard asks.

"Thought I'd lost my phone, turns out it was in my jacket pocket the entire time." Lilah lies, watching him nod before her phone buzzes in her hand.

♡♡♡

private messages

madders
look kid, I know you have a right to be mad at Ben, but please can you just talk to him. I know you don't know the half of it but Jess has really really fucked him up, and when I say that I mean she's literally stolen half of his money and binned him for someone else. Ben loves you, you guys are even better mates than him and I are, so please whatever you do, do not let this get any worse. Ben needs you x

read at 7:43 pm

♡♡♡