O N E 'O' F I V E

♡♡♡

May 29th, 2019

Lilah's legs felt like mush as she waited behind Kepa in the line to go out, the girl donning the Captain's band with immense pride in her system. She patted Kepa on the shoulder just as they began their walkout, the girl holding hands with a little boy who was wearing a Chelsea kit. She never expected Chelsea to end up playing one of their rival teams in the final, and if she was honest, she was glad that she could just treat it like a normal London Derby day.

She spotted Mase, Dec, Aila and August from a mile away, the girl shaking her head at her screaming friends before Arsenal made their way down their line and shook their hands. Once that was over and done with, the team got rid of their training jackets and got into position, her, Hazard and Giroud being the front three with the remainder of the team behind her.

She completely forgot about her surroundings the second the whistle blew, the girl kicking the ball away from Aubameyang to Hazard and started the game off on a good note. The first half consisted of a fair few near goals, but by the time it reached half-time, neither side had scored and they were only 45 minutes away from the end of the game (unless, of course, there was no extra time given.)

"I'm not substituting you." Sarri looks directly at her.

"I overheard you worrying about it, and trust me, you're going nowhere." Sarri smiles at her, the girl smiling back softly before her and the rest of the team were given words of encouragement. The team went back out after halftime and Lilah had literally forgotten her friends and family were watching her from the stands, all of Lilah's siblings, nieces and nephews and her parents were in the stands along with the majority of her team's families as well.

"Lilah!" She heard Kovacic shout, the girl getting the ball passed to her as she looked around for a second. She passed the ball over to Giroud who manages to knock it into the goal with his head, the girl racing over and hugging him tightly along with the rest of the team.

"That was on you." Giroud smiles at her softly, patting her shoulder before they continued on with the game.

She felt the adrenaline rush through her as she realised they were one-up, the girl making brief eye contact with Mason who smiled at her with pride. Lilah watched as Kovacic passed the ball to Hazard, the player looking at her before passing it to her, the girl shooting it into the back of the net with force. She sprints over to Hazard and hugs him tightly, the two of them cheering at the goal they both helped get before they continued on with the game.

Only 4 minutes later were Chelsea defending their goal as best they could before Alex Iwobi got ahold and volleyed it into the back of the net, Kepa just missing the ball as it hits the top right corner. Lilah watches as they race off cheering, the girl giving Kepa a quick hug of reassurance before she let go and carried on playing.

Lilah sprinted down the field with Olivier Giroud, the girl passing the ball over to him just before someone could take it from her. Giroud passes it back to her, the girl barely getting there as one of the Arsenal players slips and misses, letting Lilah boot it into the net unexpectedly. She jogs off with a gleaming smile, the girl doing her usual Frankenstein Celebration before she was engulfed in a hug from her teammates.

The blonde stood by Hazard and Giroud as they defended their goal, the teams coming to a halt the second the whistle blew to end the match. Her entire team race over, even the substitutes, and engulf one another in a massive hug, the girl feeling as though she could burst into tears at any given moment.