O N E - F O R T Y S I X

♡♡♡

warnings: panic attack + assault!!
please read at your own risk 💗

♡♡♡

February 1st, 2020

Lilah felt uncomfortable the second she step foot in King Power Stadium, despite all of her teammates reassuring her that Rodgers wouldn't be able to get to her, she was on high alert for his presence. Something about the sexual comments he made about her made Mason feel queasy, as did it make the rest of the team and even members of his own team, Madders and Chilly to name a few. 

She sat beside Kepa in the dressing room staring into space, the girls mind flowing with rather awful instances that could occur rather than focusing on the match, and she hated it. She hated being unfocused, she hated the feeling of being unfocused and she hated that she felt as though she was being watched at every angle. 

She calmed down a bit when she steps foot onto the pitch with the Captain's band on her arm, the girl moving her long blonde french plaits behind her shoulders so they weren't tickling her neck during the match. She smiled at both Madders and Ben as she walked down the line, shaking everyone's hands but Vardy who for some reason she still held a grudge against.

The first 45 minutes of the game went goalless, the team a little disappointed with their performance as they start walking towards the tunnel to go back to the changing rooms. Lilah froze the second she felt an all too familiar hand brush up against her backside, the girl feeling absolutely rotten as she pushed past the rest of her team and away from Rodgers, straight into the changing rooms which left them all confused as to what was happening.

"Lilah?" Mase calls throughout the changing room, noticing the girl sitting in the corner with her knees in front of her and her head resting on her knees, her arms wrapped around her so no one could see her face.

"Someone get Lampard." Tammy calls out, watching Mason race out to find their manager.

She couldn't breathe, her chest felt tight and the tears pouring down her cheeks were dropping into a small puddle beneath her. She was humiliated, she felt disgusting and she was shaking like crazy. Kepa kneeled down beside her and rubbed her back soothingly, having seen her do this on more than one occasion whenever they met up with Leicester during the seasons. Something about Rodgers always made her feel on edge, he always caused her to have panic attacks whether that be at half-time, just after the match or on the plane back.

"Everyone just leave her be." Lampard comments as he makes his way over, knowing that Kepa was somewhat of a stress ball for her.

"What happened? D'ya wanna talk about it?" Lampard kneels on the other side of her, watching her shake her head.

"You feel good enough to play the next half?" He questions, watching her nod in agreement. She lifts her head up and wipes the tears from her face, the girl pushing her loose hair back out of her face so she could calm herself down. 

"I'll be fine, I always am." She replies, sniffling a little as her chest begins to relax and her breathing becomes more normal. Mason felt awful, he'd never seen her do this before, not once in his life, and now he felt bad that he couldn't be the one to help her out at her lowest moment. After a few more minutes of speaking to Kepa, the girl laughed at something he said which meant she was back to normal, and everyone was thankful she didn't send herself to the hospital.

She downs half a bottle of water and sorts her hair out, the girl shivering at the thought of what just happened and yet again, her mind focused the second she made it onto the pitch.  The second the whistle blew, the girl got the ball away from Leicester and passed it onto one of her teammates, the team ending up with a corner instead.

Mason stood in the corner of the pitch and prepared himself, the brunette booting the ball over to his team only for Lilah to get it into the back of the net with a header. She cheers as she walks away, the girl gesturing to Rodgers that he was a wanker, the substitutes on the bench all on their feet cheering loudly and her teammates on the pitch hugging her tightly for breaking the tie.

The match played on, both Harvey Barnes and Chilly scoring for their team and it was starting to get intense. Mason booted the ball over to her and the girl sprinted across the team, both Chilly and Madders looking at one another with smiles on their faces as she was living up to her nickname 'Bolt' that they gave to her when she first joined LCFC. Ben sprinted alongside her, the girl looking at him for a split second before she megs him, moving to the other side of him and booting the ball into the back of their net.

Even Ben cheered for her as she sprinted over to her team and was engulfed in a hug, the girl elated with the outcome of the match when it had ended 20 minutes later. Just as she was about to make her way down the tunnel, the girl was grabbed the arm quite forcefully and she was dragged back to face Rodgers.

"I wouldn't touch me if I were you." Lilah comments, the entire Chelsea team racing over to defend her which ended up with half the Leicester team too. Lampard split everything up before it got too serious, the Gaffer ordering his team to go inside whilst he dealt with Rodgers himself. Lilah shook her head and rolled her eyes at Rodgers before she and Kepa made their way down the tunnel, the girl high-fiving Chilly for his goal before they make their way into the changing rooms.

♡♡♡

"You okay?" Mase asks Lilah as she lies on the sofa staring at the ceiling.

"Not really." Lilah responds, sitting up as Mason moves to sit behind her so she could rest her head on his lap.

"You gonna tell me what happened at half-time?" Mason asks, not wanting to force her into it.

"He groped me." Lilah mumbles.

"Who did? Rodgers did?" Mason questions rather angrily, watching her nod as she faced away from him. Mason was appalled and baffled, he was absolutely fuming as he got his phone out of his pocket to tell Lampard what was actually wrong.

"Why didn't you tell anyone whilst we were there?" Mason inquires, keeping his anger surpressed for the time being.

"Because I didn't want anyone to try and start with him and get hurt. He fucking hurt when he slap me, lord know what he'd do to you lot." Lilah sighs as she stands up. Mason looks at her and see's the genuine fear in her eyes, the boy getting up and hugging her tightly to let her know she had him to always be there for her.

"We're getting this sorted, I'm not letting him get away with it." Mason whispers softly.

"I know you won't." She responds, holding him as close to her as possible to feel safe.

♡♡♡