→ 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙫𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙛 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙮𝙚𝙧𝙨

---------------------------------------------

IT WAS NOVEMBER SIXTH, 1983 IN HAWKINS NATIONAL LABRATORY U.S. DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY WHEN ELEVEN KNOCKED A SMALL PLANT OFF OF HER BROTHER'S BEDSIDE TABLE. This caused Seven to wake up with a jolt, seeing his sister at his door. "Eleven!" Seven whisper yelled, knowing Eleven would get into big trouble if she was caught. "Help me open." She spoke softly but quickly, Seven panicking and doing as told. With the force of both the twins on either side of the door, the large metal rectangle fell on it's front, Seven moving quickly as Lab workers will probably be there in a minute or so. "What are you doing?" Seven asked, Eleven grabbing his hand as she led him through multiple corridors, the lights flickering. "I did something. Bad." Eleven muttered, Seven's face scrunching up. "What-" The boy was cut off by a low growl, the twins turning around to find nothing there.

"Hey!" Both twins turned once more to see a worker stood opposite them, gun in hand. "What're you two doing out-" Eleven jumped when Seven wrapped ten red tendrils around the man's neck, strangling him. "Go!" Seven yelled once the man was passed out, the two running to where Eleven last saw the door. If Eleven had done something truly bad, then Seven wasn't about to let her get punished without a fight. Plus, after that, who knows what Papa would do to them? "Hey-" Eleven tilted her head harshly to the side, the man copying it as he broke his neck, falling to the ground. "There!" Seven spoke, seeing the reception desk through some glass walls. The twins ran more, Seven shooting red energy balls at any incoming guards. Eleven flicked her head back, the doors opening to reveal the night sky that portrayed itself on the ground. The alarm was ringing in their ears as both of their noses bled, the two subjects hitting the doors with their powers as they smashed open.

The fact that they didn't have shoes was a disadvantage, meaning both Seven and Eleven had to keep running despite the twigs and rocks stabbing their feet. Seven stayed behind Eleven in protection, the girl leading her brother into a forest when shouts rung out. Eleven had found some sort of small tunnel, Seven gawking at her when she started to crawl through it. "How?" Seven asked, following her sister as their chests heaved, Seven's hands and knees getting muddy with the slime coating the tunnel. "Window. Planned." Eleven muttered lowly. Gradually, the girl got to the end of the tunnel, waiting for her brother as dogs barked loudly, Seven flinching slightly. Yes, he was afraid of dogs... and cats... "Come on..." Eleven trailed off, Seven guessing she didn't plan this part as she wandered around before choosing a direction on the spot, Seven following her none-the-less.

Day slowly seeped in between the tree branches, Seven inhaling deeply. "Here." Eleven whispered, the two stopping on the hill before a small building. "What?" Seven asked, them both quiet as they watched a man walk out and put a bag in a large bin, walking back inside. Eleven didn't reply before walking towards the building, Seven scrambling to follow. "Eleven!" The boy scolded, Eleven giving him a sympathetic look before grabbing his hand. The girl understood that all her brother wanted to do was protect her, Eleven smiling as he wiped a leaf off of his buzzed hair, thinking it was a bug. "Come." Eleven spoke, the two hand in hand as Seven took charge, opening the door slowly as it creaked. Multiple voices became apparent the more Seven opened the door, him going in first as music played faintly. Eleven walked in after Seven, seeing shelves stacked with cans.