→ 𝙞𝙞𝙞.

---------------------------------------------

"I'M NOT LYING!" RAY CRIED, EL PUTTING A HAND ON SEB'S SHOULDER AS SHE STARED AT THE MAN. "I swear... he trusts me." Ray whimpered, looking to El and Seb. "I'll take you to him." Ray declared, Kali not agreeing. "If he's alive, Jane will find him. Just as she found you." She spat, putting her hands on Seb's shoulders. "I believe you have been in this position before, Ray." She spoke, El looking to Seb as he kept his eyes on Ray. "No, please." The man begged, Seb letting a tear fall as he remembered Dr Brenner's cold hands on his shoulder and the scratching around his neck. The collar- "Do it, Jacob." Kali spoke from behind Seb, the boy remembering how the man hurt his Mother. "You didn't do it last time-" El jumped when twenty tendrils connected to Ray's neck, the man choking as he was lifted slightly. "Not too quick." Kali advised, El following Seb when Ray was dragged slowly across the floor.

"He wasn't so generous with your mother." Kali spoke, Seb's breathing quickening as he added a bit more pressure, Ray guttering before El tapped Seb's shoulder. The boy followed her train of sight to see a picture frame of Ray with two girls. His daughters. Kali was confused when some of the tendrils disappeared, the rest following after as Kali looked to Seb. "What's wrong, Jacob?" She asked, Axel coming through to the room. "We got a problem." He spoke, Dottie nodding. "Kids in the apartment." El and Seb looking to one another as Ray gasped for his breath back. "Please..." Ray begged, Kali making Seb face her. "Did he show your mother mercy? No. You had your chance long ago, Jacob. This is one to prove yourself." She spoke, El looking down at Ray as he cried. "No, please." The man begged further, Kali not standing down.

"He took her from you two. Without hesitation." She spoke, Seb realising she was trying to make them both angry to kill Ray. The man begged further, Axel stepping forward. "We've got to go, K. They called the cops." The man spoke, Kali turning to him. "We finish this first." She shot back, El putting a hand on Seb's shoulder in comfort. "Now!" Kali yelled to the twins. "Please..." Ray sobbed, Seb not being able to do it. Kali realised this, pulling out a gun and pointing it at Ray's face. El then flicked her head to the side, Kali's gun throwing itself out of the window. Kali only looked to the twins in disappointment, Seb glaring right back at her. Police sirens wailed, coming closer as Dottie and Axel moved past therm. "Kali, we've got to go!" Axel spoke, Seb dragging El along after him as Kali watched them leave.

––––––☆––––––

SEB AND EL SAT IN SILENCE IN THE ROOM KALI HAD GIVEN THEM, EL STARING AT THE GROUND AS SEB
RESTED HIS EYES. Kali then knocked on the door, the twins looking to her. "May I sit?" She asked softly, Seb moving more towards El and nodding, as did El. Kali nodded too, moving to sit in front if the two as Seb turned to be next to El. "I was just like you two, you know?" She asked, the two staying silent. "That's why I'm hard on you, because I see you both in my past mistakes. Seb only rearranged the dinosaur stuffed animal in his arms, keeping it. "They were kids." El spoke up, clutching her flannel as Kali sighed. "Does that excuse that man's sins? Were we not also children?" Kali spoke, Seb sighing and looking away as Kali looked to him. "I remember the day I came to the rainbow room and you were gone. Both of you." She spoke, Seb looking back to the girl. "So, when my gifts were strong enough, I used them to escape."