→ 𝙞𝙞.

---------------------------------------------

"IT'S..." THUNDER RUMBLED OUTSIDE. "A horde of juju zombies!" Will placed the small action figures on Mike's play space. Will was having a blast, Lucas and Mike not having so much fun. They had given in and played D&D with Will, it quickly lasting the entire day. "Sir Mike, your action." Will challenged, 'Sir Mike' yawning. "What should I do?" He asked Lucas, the boy himself shrugging. "Attack?" He asked more than answered, Mike shrugging. "Okay, I attack with my flail." Mike had no motivation in his voice, making Will's spirit die down a little. However, he did look over his board when Mike rolled the dice. "Whoosh! You miss." Will smiled, Mike not seeming too bothered at losing. "Your flail clanks the stone, the zombie horde lumbers towards you, and..."

Will rolled his dice, looking back up to the duo. "the juju bites your arm. Flesh tears!" Will imitated a scream, getting really into the game as Mike stared at him blankly. "Seven points of damage." Will grinned smugly, Mike grabbing his arm as he spoke sarcastically. "Oh, no, my arm." Will's smile dropped, "Lucas, look, my arm." Mike whined sarcastically, the two boys snickering. Why weren't they taking this seriously? It was hurting Will's feelings. The boy only wanted to play a game of D&D because it made him feel better. The boy had had a rough couple of years. Firstly, being stuck in another dimension for ages and then being possessed by a monster and now nightmares and bullying sometimes. "Sir Lucas," Will didn't let them know that it was hurting his feelings, 'Sir Lucas' looking to the boy.

"the zombie horde roars!" Will imitated a roar, Lucas trying not to laugh in his face. "Do you fight or do you run?" Will asked, Lucas about to answer before the phone rang in Mike's basement. Everyone looked to it, Will standing up quickly. "No! It's a distraction!" Will let out, Mike looking from the phone back to Will. "A trap. Do not answer it." Will tapped his staff on the floor. Lucas and Mike got up anyway, walking to answer the phone. "What? ...no." Will's voice went back to his normal one, Mike ignoring him. "El?" He asked quickly, his spirit dying down quickly. "No. Sorry, not interested." Mike spoke, as it was some sort of seller. Hanging up, he turned to Lucas. "Telemarketers." He shrugged, Lucas shrugging. "Maybe we should just call them." He suggested, Mike confused. "We can do that?" He asked, Will sighing.

There they were, talking about Max and El... again. "I think so." Lucas spoke, Mike shocked at this new information. "Yeah, but what would we say?" Mike spoke, Will slamming his staff on the floor. "We'll say nothing! The Khuisar tribe still needs your help." He butted in, trying to get them back to the game. Mike just shrugged, Lucas staring at Will. "All right, then. I'll use my torch to set fire to the chambers, sacrificing ourselves, killing the jujus, and saving the Khuisar." Mike summarised as Will's face fell, Lucas looking at the floor. Mike really wanted to get this game over and done with. "We all live on as heroes in the memories of the Kalamar." Mike shrugged tiredly, high fiving Lucas. "Victory." The boy let out, Will fed up. "Fine." He spat, dropping the staff and ripping his hat off. "You guys win." He spoke, trying not to cry as he turned the music off.