→ 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙮𝙬𝙤𝙜

---------------------------------------------

HOPPER WOKE SEB UP FIRST, THE BOY CONFUSED AS HOPPER USUALLY WOKE EL UP FIRST. "Come on." The man urged, walking away before Seb could answer. "Wait!" Seb let out, shoving his socks on as Hopper walked towards El's room. He opened her door, Seb walking in first. El heard this, moving in her bed so her back faced her brother and Hopper. Seb sighed, Hopper groaning. "I guess me and sad, depressed Seb are just gonna have to, uh... enjoy our triple-decker Eggo extravaganza. Seb's having it with Eggos because they remind him of you whilst your not there." Hopper sighed, Seb turning to him. "I am?" He whispered, Hopper nodding. "Okay?," Seb whispered before turning to El. "Bye Yoda." He spoke, trying to put a sad voice on before Hoper grabbed the back of his t-shirt, pulling him into the kitchen.

El ended up waking up for the food, Seb having to agree. Because El was here, Seb could have it with pancakes instead. El was here... she just didn't 'fit the aura'. "Good, right?" Hopper asked both El and Seb. "Know the great thing about it? It's only 8,000 calories." Hopper shrugged, Seb not knowing if that was bad or not as he nodded with a puzzled look on his face. Hopper then looked to the TV cord that still led to El's room. "You visited him again last night?" Hopper asked, Seb looking to his sister. He was curious as to why El was so infatuated with Mike. They don't seem like just normal friends. "He says he needs me and Dustin wants to see Seb again." El spoke, Seb's eyebrows raising. He probably missed Dustin the most out of the three, Lucas too stubborn and Mike too into making friends with El- "Want me to go check on them?" Hopper asked, El shaking her head.

"I know that you miss him, all right? You too, Seb. But, it's too dangerous. You guys are the last things he needs right now." Hopper spoke, Seb not so fazed by it. "You guys are gonna see them. Soon." Hopper assured, the sentence passing through Seb's head as fast as you can say 'Seb'. Hopper always said that but that's just another word for 'no'. "And not in that head of yours or hearing it from your sister," Seb looked up to Hopper, swallowing his food. "You're both gonna see them in real life." Hopper spoke with a kind smile, Seb going back to his food. "I feel like I'm making progress with these people." He continued, Seb sighing. "Friends don't lie." El spoke up, Seb looking up at her in confusion. "What?" Hopper asked, equally as confused as Seb was. "You say 'soon' on day 21. You say 'soon' on day 205," Seb was surprised El was counting the days, Seb sensing his sister getting angrier by the second.

"You now say 'soon' on day 326?" El asked, Seb's eyebrows raising. "What is this?," Hopper asked Seb, the boy shrugging. "You're counting the days now like you're some sort of prisoner?" Hopper asked jokingly, El not laughing at all. "When is 'soon'?" El asked, Seb awkwardly finishing the last two pancakes on his plate. "'Soon' is when...it's not dangerous anymore." Hopper shrugged, sorting out his work uniform. "When?" El demanded, Hopper looking to the girl. "I don't know." The man answered with a chuckle, Seb taking a deep breathe. "On day 500? On day 600?" El asked, Hopper facing her. "I don't know-" "Day 700?" El interrupted, Seb flinching. "I don't know." Hopper spoke, El getting very mad. "I need to see him. Tell me!" El yelled whilst banging her fists on the table, Seb not knowing what to do as Hopper leaned forward. "I said I-"