→ 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙤

---------------------------------------------

"I KNOW THIS MAY BE, LIKE, UPSETTING AND SHIT, BUT THAT FUTURE PROM QUEEN IS GONNA BE FINE." ARGYLE ASSURED AS HE DROVE THE PIZZA VAN BACK TO THE BYERS' HOME. Mike, El and Will sat in silence in the back as Johnathan was stoned in the passenger seat. "It's just, like, rubber wheels." He turned around, none of the teens responding. "Plastic." Johnathan corrected, Argyle gasping to him. "Not like hard plastic. Just..." He assured El, the girl not listening. "Just the soft kind." He finished, Argyle nodding. "Totally. But you ever wonder why the wheels aren't wood, man? Or metal?" The two got into their own conversation, Mike looking down with a sigh. "So people don't get hurt when they get shmacked." Argyle emphasized, Johnathan looking down.

"Oh." He let out, Argyle nodding. "Yeah. Because it happens more than you think, man." Argyle turned back around to El. "Roller-skate attacks." He spoke, El watching him turn back around. "Man. Hey, at least it wasn't an ice skate." Johnathan compromised, Argyle 'slicing' down his face. "That nose would've been sliced clean off, man." He exclaimed, Johnathan wincing in agreement as the two nodded to one another. "It could've been so much worse." Argyle told El, the girl staring at them both. "So much worse." Johnathan agreed as he briefly met eyes with her, sitting back in his seat properly. "In the grand scheme of things, it's just a little blip." Johnathan spoke, Argyle smiling.

"That's a funny word, man." He chuckled, Johnathan repeating himself. "Blip." He smiled, the two going back and forth saying the word 'blip' as El leant her head against the window.

OPENING THE DOOR TO THE BYERS ESTATE, OPERA MUSIC WAS PLAYING, WILL CONFUSED AS HE WALKED IN AFTER EL. The girl walked first, Mike behind Will and Johnathan and Argyle behind the three. "Mom?" Will called, the group stopping to see Murray wearing Joyce's apron and cooking food. "Well, well! Aren't you lot a sight for sore eyes, huh?" He asked, Argyle confused as to who this man was. "Hi, Murray." Johnathan smiled, Murray holding up a spoon with food on it. "You kids like risotto?" He asked them, Johnathan nodding.

"Yeah."

MURRAY CONTINUED TO TELL HIS STORY AT THE DINNER TABLE, EVERYONE EATING THE RISOTTO HE MADE. "and suddenly," Murray hit the table. "bam, it hits me. 'Didn't the Byers move here'?" He smiled to the children, Joyce nodding with a smile. "Small world, isn't it? It's a small world." The two adults laughed, no one else joining them. "So I thought, 'Why don't it drop it, say hello to my old friends?'" He chuckled, Will not even looking at the man. He hadn't seen him since Seb was alive, the man being with Seb as he died. "Its so sweet of you." Joyce smiled, Murray humming. "Sweeter of you to let me stay." He shot back playfully, Joyce smiling to the kids.