→ 𝙞𝙞.

---------------------------------------------

"MURRAY, WE GOTTA MAKE THIS CALL." JOYCE URGED, MURRAY TOO BUSY TYPING AWAY ON HIS MACHINE. "One moment, please." He spoke, clicking one final key that made all of the outlined states in America vanish. "Voila. Okay, you are now calling from Durham, North Carolina." Murray announced, Joyce nodding. Murray's plan was to track the call from another state so the dangerous KBG had no way of tracking their call back. "But if this is the KBG, they will still be able to trace us eventually, so keep it brief." Murray reminded, seeming to be absolutely petrified by this group of people. "How brief?" Joyce asked, Murray shrugging.

"A minute, max, and..." Murray looked to Joyce, her nodding. "Proof of life and authentication of escape." They both chorused, Murray nodding. "Got it." Joyce hummed, sitting down on the kitchen table next to Murray. "Okay." She got her phone out and copied the number from the letter, Murray nodding. "One, two..." Pressing buttons at the same time, they called the number and changed the state origin. They both waited as the phone rang, looking to one another. It seemed to be forever before-

"This is Enzo."

Joyce flinched, Murray's eyes widening. What was he doing? "Hello, Enzo? This is Joyce. I received your message, and I would like to make a reservation." Joyce spoke clearly, hearing shuffling. "Yes, good, good." The man spoke, his voice gruff as Murray sighed to calm himself down. He didn't want to be involved in the KGB. Whatsoever. "But for reservation, you need too make deposit." 'Enzo' spoke, Joyce confused. "Uh, what... what kind of deposit?" She asked, 'Enzo' humming. "Forty thousand dollars." He answered simply, both Murray and Joyce scowling at one another silently. Forty thousand? "You have it in Hopper's trust, for the twins, yes?" The man asked, Joyce nodding.

"Uh, yes. Yes. Forty thousand." Joyce nodded, Murray doing the same. "Bring to Yuri's Fish n' Fly in Nome, Alaska." He ordered, Joyce confused. "Uh, you want me to go to Alaska?" She confirmed, Murray shaking his head. This was ludicrous. "Yes." 'Enzo' nodded, Joyce staying silent. "You give Yuri money, Yuri gets me money, I give him your friend. Simple trade, understand?" He asked, his thick Russian accent awaiting a response from the woman. She watched as Murray mouthed something,

Proof of life and authentication of escape.

"Uh, what about the kid?" She asked, Murray nodding, 'Enzo' sighing. "Kid is not here. They said he escaped on his way." He seemed annoyed to be telling Joyce this, Murray's head tilting. If this kid escaped, he's impressive. "Where is he now?" Joyce asked clearly, Murray staring at the phone. He wanted to know too. "Near base or dead." He answered, Joyce looking up at Murray. Near base? What does that mean? "We need to know Hopper's alive." She insisted, Murray thinking about 'Enzo's answer. Russian was spat into the phone, Murray flinching back lightly. This Russian woman seemed feisty.