→ 𝙫.

---------------------------------------------

"IS THIS LEGAL?" MAX ASKED, HOLDING THE SHOTGUN STILL AS NANCY SAWED THE BARREL OFF. "Actually, I think it's a felony." She corrected mindlessly, Max smiling. "Right." She spoke, watching Nancy saw more. "But it guarantees one thing. I won't miss." She spoke, knocking the barrel off completely. "How's she feeling?" Dustin asked, Eddie testing out their homemade shields. Which was just bin lids with multiple screws sticking out of them. "Light. But durable." Dustin smiled as he watched Eddie hit into the air, simply testing the defence. "Deadly. But reliable." Dustin chuckled, watching Eddie step onto their 'tables'. Which was just a small crate. "Hear me now." Eddie put on a voice, holding his hand up... heroically? "There will be no more retreating..." His regular voice came back. "from Eddie the Banished." He turned away, Dustin standing up. "Hey, you're ready for bat-tle." The boy joked, Eddie turning to him with an unimpressed expression.

He watched Dustin chortle at his own joke, stopping once Eddie didn't chortle back. "You don't get it? 'Bat-tle.'" Dustin explained, huffing as his shoulders dropped. "B-A-T. No?" He groaned, Eddie not moving. "I thought I had a good one." He put his shield down, as did Eddie. Dustin yelped once Eddie charged at the boy, pushing him back as the two wrestled. "What are you doing?" Dustin laughed loudly, the two fighting like brothers. "You son of a bitch!-" "No wedgies! No wedgies!" Dustin reminded, Eddie holding the boy's head. "Never change, Dustin Henderson. Promise me?" He spoke breathlessly, Dustin confused. "I wasn't planning on it." The boy awkwardly nodded, Eddie doing the same. "Good." He let out, smiling. "Good." The two laughed, Eddie breaking the embrace. "Hey, Sinclairs. How are those, uh... those spears coming on?" He yelled up, Lucas holding his thumb up with a bright smile. "Flip that damn thumb around." Erica spoke, Lucas looking to her. "What?" He asked, watching his sister pick up his spear and wiggle the blade.

"It's too loose, Lucas. This isn't a basketball game where they blow the whistle when your shoes fall off." She smiled, wrapping it tighter for her older brother. "Okay, okay, for the record, my shoes never fell off." He defended himself, Erica scoffing. "Okay, for the record, it's kinda hard for your shoes to fall off when you're riding the bench." She spat back, a smile on her face as Lucas hummed. "Yet, for some reason, you show up to every game." He 'realised', Erica nodding. "Mmm, except the one that mattered. Plus, Mom and Dad forced me." She reasoned, Lucas squinting. "Bull. Mom and Dad can't force you to do shit." He spoke, Erica continuing to fix his spear. "Well, even though you're a bench-riding loser, you're still my brother. Just the facts." She spoke, Lucas smiling lightly as he looked forward. "It just doesn't make sense." Steve spoke from his spot ahead of the stolen trailer. "What doesn't make sense?" Robin asked, the two filling up bottles with the gasoline from the cans. "That was Dan Shelter. He graduated, like, two years ago." Steve spoke, holding the bottle for Robin.

"So?" She asked, Steve huffing. "So he's in college. Which means he was visiting on spring break. Fast Times was returned, like, I don't know, a week ago, right?" Steve inquired, Robin stopping her pouring to let Steve finish the alcohol bomb. "Unless she's got some horndog brother we don't know about." Steve suggested, Robin rolling her eyes. "Which is possible." Steve shrugged, looking to the floor. "Or she's just really into Judge Reinhold?-" "Steve." Robin called, the boy looking to her. "What?" He asked, watching the girl shrug. "I don't care." She insisted, Steve staying silent. "I don't understand why you do either with everything that's going on." She continued, Steve watching her speak. "Honestly, this feels like a perfect time for that little pull of the rug because... in the face of the world ending, the stakes of my love life feel spectacularly low." She let out, Steve nodding. "Yeah. I mean, I get you there, but... I still have hope." He spoke, handing her the finished product. "Not everything has a happy ending." She smiled, the two continuing their work. "Yeah, yeah, believe me, I know." He agreed, glancing at Nancy.