Chapter 5

The Axeman's Letter

Arabelle pov

"Morning...."

I smile at Aurora's hoarse voice was I staring at her, resting my head on my palm while my other hand wrap on her waist. "I trust that you have good sleep?" she smiles back as her eyes still closed, "the best I ever had..." she quietly said. "Uh-huh, is it because of me?" my hand make a circular motion on her forearm. 

"Tristan kept me in the monastery against my will," I arched my brow in confusion at her, "and why would he kept you isolated?" My hand move from her waist to tug her hair behind her ear and to get a better view of her, she frowns and looks up at me. "I don't know.... After Tristan denied me to be with Klaus, I was lost then the next thing I know.... I was at the monastery," she answered.

"That's awful, doll... I remember you were telling Nik that rejected him when he asked you to flee with us... What makes me wonder is why did you say no? I remember clearly that you and he were loved each other." Aurora places her hand above mine and gently squeeze my hand, "it was Elijah's doing..."

"Elijah? What did he do to you?" 

I force myself up, letting the blanket uncover me as I turn to look at her. "I had been compelled otherwise.... He compelled me to see him as the wretched, deceitful monster that he truly is. Then when you and Klaus came to me not minutes later begging me to go with you, I could not say yes. I believe it was the first time he experienced the ability to compel, and when he understood what he did, he did not come and undo it. I was forced to tell him the truth about you and Klaus was the one who killed your mother," she sobbed. 

I wipe her tears with my thumb and felt a bit surprised to learn what Elijah doing to us, "you and Klaus made him suffer the loss of a mother, and this was his revenge. I-I I really wanted to go with all of you, but I can't... You have to believe me, Arabelle, you were the closest friend I ever have...."

I sigh and, gently, make her up in a sitting position, "and I believe you, dolly.... In fact, let's start over our morning without you crying over what happened in past." I climb out of my bed and hold my hand out to her, "do you wanna join me? My tub is fit enough for two people." 

An hour and a half later, I hold Aurora's hand as we dance our way toward the kitchen, she waltzes perfectly. I clapped my hands together, applauded her. "And you are still perfect as I remember, Aurora."

I led her toward the dining room and gently make her sit, "now what would you like to eat? Let me make you... celebratory breakfast," giving her aside smile. "On what kind of occasion do we celebrate?" she asked me back. I point my finger at her, "you! We celebrating you getting away from the monastery then I will show you around, New Orleans." She clapped her hands together in excitement, "really?! No one ever bothers to do that for me...." I sigh and walk closer to her, "not even Tristan." Frowning at how ignorant her brother can be.