Chapter 24

The Battle of New Orleans pt II

Third pov

"Writing a love letter to one of your many suitors?" 

"So, who's the lucky recipient, then?" Klaus smiles teasingly, "Jackson? Elijah? Or my dear beloved twin?" Hayley rolls her eyes at him. "Don't tell me it's me?" They both laugh, "I thought I was out of the running ages ago!" 

Hayley laughs, "and the award for "Biggest Ego" goes to..." gestures toward Klaus, who continues to laugh. Suddenly, she groans when the baby starts to kick and Klaus walks toward Hayley. "How is our littlest wolf?" 

"Do you want to...?" rubs her baby bump, Klaus steps back, looking nervous, and Hayley gives him a look. "Come on!" gestures to her belly, Klaus reaches out and touches Hayley's belly, and he's startled when he feels the baby kick.

Hayley laughs at his reaction, "you feel that?" they both laugh in amazement. Klaus suddenly feels awkward and stands up, "right! I'll leave you to your secret letter, then!" Klaus rushes off, only stop on his track.

"Hayley...... I know that you and my sister are liking each other. And i'm happy that she has someone like you beside her, she deserves to be happy. Her happiness is to be with you" Hayley smiles as she thinks about Klaus, Ari, and the baby. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Klaus fights against the spell pinning him to the wall, but he cannot get free. Monique and Abigail anchor the spell and go back to helping Hayley, who is still in labour, and the witches, led by Genevieve, assist Hayley in her birth. Hayley screams in agony, "I will bring hell to your family!" he shouts. 

"One last push! Push! The baby's almost here!" 

"I will bathe in rivers of your blood!" Klaus shouting at the witches who have not to stop. "No! No!" Hayley keep repeating the words, hoping one of them will help her and turning against their own. "I can see the baby!" one of the witches said. "Push! Gently! Gently!"

Hayley falls backwards just as the baby is born, "there!" both Klaus and Hayley stop screaming once they see their baby. One of the witches helps cut the umbilical cord, and Genevieve wraps the baby in a blanket. "You have a beautiful baby daughter," Hayley and Klaus stare in shock. "We must start the sacrifice as soon as the moon sets with the morning sky," Genevieve added. "Please. Please, can I hold her?" Genevieve brings the baby over so Hayley can hold her.