Chapter 23

City Beneath The Sea

Arabelle pov

Last night, Niklaus handed me Mikael's ashes. Trusting me to hide it from Elijah or Rebekah. I pour the ashes in my color painting, where i furiously painting an abstract piece. I have covered a large canvas in dark red, gold, and green or brown paint, which has a mottled appearance. 

"Didn't know you could paint like Van Gogh." I look back at Thomas and glares at him before going back to my work. I don't turn around, i simply continue painting. "Okay... I recognize that look, who is dumb enough to piss you off?" 

"Mikael. But i just killed him. Again" i answered. "Oh..... You want to talk about... him...?" "No. Why should i talk about him? I'm happy that he died, at my hand while i made his lovely Freya watched him die!" i snapped. He raises both of his hands in surrender, "Freya? Is she kinda like his wife or something?" I look at him in disgust. 

"Freya is my eldest sister, who supposed to stay die from the plague, but turned out my mother was a woman with thousands secret. Like the curse of firstborn. Esther was barren, so, she made a deal with her sister, Dahlia. A spell for her and in return Dahlia can have every firstborn of generation." I dip my brush to the red color, "when Esther had Elijah, Dahlia came to collect a debt. Which is Freya. Since Esther turned all of us into vampires, we can't have children but me and Nik. And now Niklaus has a daughter, which triggers the curse. You got it?"

"Yes, so Hope is in trouble?" looking at me intrigued. "In fact, all of us are in trouble. Freya awakens from her long deep sleep, which means Dahlia is not far from her. And she will come to collect what belongs to her," i answered. "I get it your family are the biggest villain like in DC comics, but did you, guys, ever have a break or time out from your enemies?" I shook my head, "take this as your training, Timmy Turner. You are a vampire now, you have all the time you want and, sooner or later, you will make an enemy. When you have enemies, you will learn to handle them." 

"Nah, sorry, but i think living peacefully sounds good." I chuckle, "So, what is the agenda for today? Or is it a lazy day?" i take a step back and look at my painting. "Depends on you, do you know a certain werewolf named Aiden?" placing my brush back. "Aiden as Josh's boyfriend?" I nod, "yeah, i know him. I heard, he is on Hope's duty. Something about her safe house, i don't know. Why?" i smirking at him, "did i ever appreciate you becoming a vampire?" He shook his head. 

"... No?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

* Hope's safe house *

I see green vines creeping up the outside and inside walls of the building. They become so thick and numerous that eventually, they completely cover the windows. Then there are blood-red flowers, which is Dahlia. I cloak myself from Dahlia, as i walk into the house. I see a figure, a woman in a beige coat. "Arràcher soit je," i chant a pain infliction spell at her, making crippling her in pain and bleeding from her eyes.