Chapter 13

Hope's First Bonfire

Olivianna pov

* Somewhere in  Arkansas *

"So, she will wake up whenever she's ready?" The youngest blonde Mikaelson asked for the third time while poking Arabelle's cheek. "Yes, Rebekah. At first, i thought she's handling your mother's fifty shade like a pro. Well, I'm wrong as it seems running deep into her head," i answered. She sighs, "please wake up anytime but now, this house used to be your favourite." I heard the blonde muttering quietly at Arabelle. 

"What do you think of this place? Isn't this place rather nice!" Rebekah said in a cheerful tone. She picks up a bottle of wine and examines it, "Nik must have compelled a wine-lover to keep it up because I found a 2005 bordot!" she holds it up to show me, "so while we wait for the others to come, tell me about yourself. If my sister brings you to us, it means you two are very serious."

Pouring the liquor to my glass, "well, we both were... ally. I'd like to think that i knew her better than her own family," smirking at the blondie. "What make you think so?" the blonde asked, intrigued. I shrugged my shoulders, "we share secrets that not everyone knows," i simply said. She nods her head twice, "I'll ask another question then... I knew my sister, so how did you do it?" I furrow my eyebrow in confusion. 

"Belle was fallen in love with Hayley, how did she choose you over Hayley?" I chuckle, "if i don't know you better, i'd say you're jealous or hate me, madame Mikaelson... We are not just allies, i knew she had a crush on me and we like each other. But we never make time or make it work, so when she knows i was in New Orleans..." i shrugged my shoulders, "why not. We like each other, we are witches, and we knew each other." Lying smoothly, "I was simply there for her while all Hayley had done to her is breaking her heart," i added. 

"True... My sister has never taken a liking to anyone. So, when she started to open her own orphanage and took the young vampire under her wings, i know something changes from her. I just can't figure out whether it's a good or bad change. And I'm hoping whoever the person she's with right now, could change her into my sister that i used to know." I turn to see her staring at me, "i can't promise you anything, but i will try."

 "You know what, i think she will appreciate the sentiment, but I know that she will hate it when she's being handled with kid gloves. She would say something like "I don't need a nanny" stuff," mimicked Arabelle's voice while Rebekah sighs and sets down the wine, "be honest, will she ever be fine?" staring at me with some un-readable emotion and glossy eyes. "I can't promise you anything, Rebekah. That's the truth, but i will help her to get through anything. That's the only promise i can give it to you," i replied sincerely.

"I love my sister and i always wishing the best for her... I knew, no matter what, she always has my back. Just like when Klaus tried to kill me last year," she paused, taking a deep breath. "So, if you make her happy and everything, you can count me in if Klaus tries something on you two." I chuckle, "is that a synonym for "You have my blessing, Olivianna" Rebekah?" She rolls her eyes and gulps her wine. "Whatever floats your boat," she smirks.