Chapter 20

The Fête des Bénêdictions

Arabelle pov

"Elijah! What can i do for you?"

I flip the pancake and put it on each plate while i put Elijah on speaker, i pour the batter on the pan as Elijah keep talking without an end. I hear a door being opened and when i look up it's coming from mine and i see Inadu walking out of my room with fresh clothes, i put my finger on my lips and point at Elijah's voice. She mouths 'Elijah?" at me as i nod at her, she walks up at me and kisses my lips. "Morning," i whispered as she takes a seat on the barstool and resting her elbow on the bar. "Don't tell me you are still mad from last night, Elijah? I thought Finn are the grumpy and brooding one, brother."

"As much as I'm disappointed at you, i came to invite you to The Fête des Bénêdictions. Feast of the Blessings. As tribrid, it's important for you to come and bring a gift. And I'm begging you, sister, to not make a scene." I could imagine that if i were there he would give me a pleading look, i flip the pancake. I click my tongue in annoyance, "Let me guess. Tall, redhead, axe to grind, and happened to be the one who tortured our sister are asking this favour to you.... I take your silence as yes, Elijah. But the important question is why would i give my blessing to her?" 

I place another on her plate I shift my weight into my left leg while waiting for Elijah to answers. "Arabelle darling, i know you are still angry about that night." I chuckled bitterly, "my apology, sister, I was in..... Very my weak moment. I was so mad that it failed and Hayley was there to comfort me....." I pour another batter on the pan.

I tap my foot against the floor, "i beg you, sister. If you want someone to blame then choose me. I beg you to leave Hayley from your anger, I'm the one to blame. Not her." I let out a heavy sigh, I put two stacks of pancakes on my plate then went to the fridge to collect the blood blag, "she is very worried about you... What can i do to ease your anger towa--." 

I shook my head in annoyance and was about to hanging up the phone when Inadu snatches my phone on the counter. "Forgive me, Mr. Mikaelson. But you're ruining our breakfast and Arabelle and i are willing to appreciate you if you could freaking leave fucking us!" i watch her throwing my phone to the wall. "God damn it! He's very annoying! How could you put up with him?!" I raised my hands up in surrender and staring at my phone, "rest in piece, phone. You'll not be missed."

"I'm sorry about the phone...."

I chuckle and shaking my head amused, "wait here, let me sort whatever beefs Elijah and i have. It won't take very long," I wink at her and do an astral projection to the compound. 

#Compound