Chapter 18

Farewell to Storyville

Arabelle pov

#LaFayette Cemetery

When i arrive at the cemetery, i came in the right time. Stopping Nik, who looks so furious and lunges at Rebekah, i throw Nik to another tomb. "Morning! I hope i'm not late for this family conference, have to stop at the local cafe first."Announcing myself and open a paper bag filled with burgers from the local cafe. I raise my other hand up and the stake flew to my hand telekinetically then i throw the stake to Elijah. 

"Morning Niklaus. You look well today." 

"Sister, leave us" i hear Elijah stated. "I'm not going--" Elijah cuts her off, "--I said, leave us, please." I tilt my head aside, unfold my burger. "Before you begin with that speech, Nik. I knew what she had done to us, but i knew why she did it. Unlike you, i never stand in our sister's happiness. You wouldn't listen to her. So, now, you must deal with me. Simple, right?" 

"So what's it gonna be? Elijah holds both weapons and you acting as her represent. Tunde's blade would put me down, but the stake could finish me off for good." I shrugged, munching on my burger. "I don't know, Niklaus, that sound like a good idea for me. Thank you for the suggestion," i taunt him, only to piss him off more. "Well, unlike you, brother. I have no taste for fratricide," i hear Elijah said. "I only hold this to keep it from you. This is just my insurance." 

"Why must you two defend her? Rebekah betrayed you two, as well, when she brought Mikael here." His face is full of confusion, betrayal, and rage. "Because she is our sister, and because I like to remember her the way that she was before we became what we are!" I lean my side to the tomb and see Elijah has a little flashback to the past. "She was an innocent girl, quick to laugh, full of life." Remembering the young version of Bex, "my memories serve to make her betrayal more painful." I know deep down that he knew he is wrong but his hatred is clouding his judgement. 

"Can you not then accept some small part of the blame? After all, Niklaus, it was your cruelty that led her to do what she did!" i speak up, eating the last bite of my burger. 

"Do you not see, Ari? She didn't mean to chase me off. She wanted me dead!" i shook my head, "if i want you dead, Nik, i would do it long times ago. But you're wrong," i said. "She has always hated me. You know that's true!" he seethed with anger. "You have no idea, do you? You have no idea what she was prepared to do for you. When our sister sees something that she perceives to be an injustice, she can be stubborn, impetuous, and, at times, downright dangerous, and never was this more apparent than the night she tried to kill our father," Elijah spoke. 

I furrow my eyebrow in confusion as this is something new for me. "What is this, some melodramatic fiction designed to garner my sympathy?!"