Chapter 25

AN: This book is officially done for rewriting.  The next chapter will be season 3.

Ashes To Ashes

Third pov

* Pearl River *

"You're quiet. Are you having misgivings?" Still in New Orleans, Klaus is waiting at the back of the car with Hope while Dahlia is preparing a linking spell for her and Klaus. Dahlia glances at her nephew, "I was just looking for a polite way to ask what the hell is taking so long," the hybrid said, not amused at all. "Well, we can begin now. Once we're linked, I'll no longer have to sleep for 100 years again. Your concerns for my status will ease, and I will finally be able to focus on hope..." she paused, looking over at Hope then walking closer to Klaus. 

"I will only need a single drop of her blood, and then her power shall be mine, also." 

Klaus tries to hide his rage while Dahlia spilling him her plan, "What do you want to do about Freya?" both of them looking over at the unconscious of Mikaelson's eldest siblings. "She served her purpose. So tonight..." Dahlia looking up at the moon, "at the moon's apex, I'll end her life, and once our link is severed, the bond that I share with your daughter will become permanent." 

"Best get on with it then." Klaus walking past her to the spell, he looks everything at the spell. Dahlia stuck her other hand to Klaus to take. Klaus links his hand to hers while Dahlia begins to chant the spell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

* Compound *

Elijah is mourning the death of his girlfriend, who died at the hand of Klaus Mikaelson. Camille is there, explaining to him that his plan won't work. Looking at Gia's burning corpse for the last time, before he covers her with a cloth. "And what might that be?" looking carefully at the blonde. "He has to get her to link to him," Camille answered. 

"My brother wishes to bind himself to our enemy? She'll be virtually indestructible" Elijah answered, not believing at Klaus had done. "He said I had to convince you that everything he had to do alone. You had the wrong ingredients to kill Dahlia, and he has to buy time before he finds the right ones," Camille explained.