☾18-Auditions☽

"Hey, guys ready to hear me sing?" Freya said walking past the two boys

"Hopefully you can actually sing" Demetri whispered to Enzo which in return he nodded.

"I can trust me now come on, Enzo lead the way"

Enzo nodded "yeah come on. My mom owns her own auditorium. It's huge!"

Before Freya can say something Enzo stopped walking. "Why are we stopping?"

"We are here"

"Wow," both Freya and Demetri said.

"Come on. Do you have a song in mind?" Enzo asked opening the door and walking in. Freya and Demetri following.

"Yes I have a list-" Freya started but stopped once she walked on stage.

"Holy shit. I think I might cry- it's a dream come true" Freya said in a low voice almost like a whisper.

"You once told me that your mom's dream was broadway right?" Demetri asked.

Freya nodded and smiled "yes and hopefully I will get to do that"

Enzo smiled and side hug his best friend "of course you will! Now Demetri and I will be sitting right there-" he said pointing to two seats.

Freya nodded "okay"

"Here's your mic, my mom came early to check the sound and shit so just turn on the mic. Tell the band what song you're singing"

"Band? What band-" she turns around and saw the band' she was shocked.

"Oh I didn't even notice them"

Enzo snorted "well whenever you're ready- god I feel like Mr. Shue- just sing" He walked away and sat next to Demetri.

Freya breathes in and out. "Calm down you can do it"

She walked over to the band "hey guys, here's the sheet music"

They nodded. She walked to the center of the stage.

"My name is Freya Rose and I'll be singing New York State Of Mind by Billy Joel"

That song and the one she was going to sing at her real audition were her mother's favorites. She was really little but she remembered her and her mom singing those songs in the car.

She nodded to the band and they started playing.

(Ok just play the song above! I know two people sing it but pretend it just one- um yeah teehee)

Some folks like to get away
For a holiday from the neighborhood
Hop a flight to Miami Beach
Or to Hollywood, ooh-ooh
But I'm taking a Greyhound
On the Hudson River Line
I'm in a New York state of mind