019

S U R P R I S E , S U R P R I S E

· •

𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄

Baby you're the highlight
of my lowlife, Take a shitty
Day and make it alright...❞

Sitting on Jugyeong's desk, the two spoke quietly to each other. Nari laughs at Jugyeong telling her a cute story about her younger brother as Nari scrolls through her social medias, she had posted a photo yesterday to Stargram and it had been a hit, she was kind of proud but she knew it was very unlikely of her posting anymore after that. She was trying to keep her mind positive today even though her nerves were murdering her viciously, her father would be home when she got back.

Looking back at Taehoon and Sooah, she watches as the two flirt before Sooah hits his arm playfully and walks to her seat, turning to Nari and Jugyeong. "Jugyeong with a fling.." She sings as she rests her face against her fist and smiles at Jugyeong cutely. Nari turns to look at Jugyeong with an expectant expression, excited to hear about how her date went.

"A fling? It's not a fling.." Jugyeong denies.

"I thought you were meeting up? Didn't you hit it off?" Sooah asks with furrowed brows. 

"Well I heard from him after I chatted with you..." Jugyeong sighs, "And he's kind of weird.."

"How so?" Nari asks with a pout.

Jugyeong takes out her phone and unlocks it before giving it to Sooah and letting her read it out loud to Taehoon and Nari's curious selves. Clearing her throat, she begins. "I take back that I miss you. Actually, I have a girlfriend..I'm a piece of garbage. I wanted to cheat on you..I apologize."

"What a punk.." Sooah scrunches her nose in disgust.

Nari shakes her head, "Wait he cheat—"

"Were you rejected?" Seojun abruptly cuts Nari off, him and his friends laughing when Jugyeong looks back at them with an irritated expression. Seojun snorts, "No, I just mean how do you get rejected so quick?"

Patting Jugyeong's back, Nari comforts her. "It's fine, he sounds like a jerk anyway."

· •

Nari sighs as she trudges through the outside field of the school, her headphones softly emitting music as she sips on her banana drink and stares at the flowers on the bushes. She didn't want to be in the cafeteria today, seemed too crowded and she honestly needed to stay as calm as she was right now in order for her to be able to face her father confidently.