026

T E L L M E

T E L L M E.

· •

𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄

Baby you're the highlight
of my lowlife, take a shitty
day and make it alright...

Seojuns hands were shoved in his pocket as the two walked home silently, Nari hadn't spoken a word since the two had lost his group of friends, too busy fiddling with her phone and staring at it to acknowledge Seojun's presence. As time had passed his patience had worn thinner and thinner with the suspenseful feeling this girl radiated at the moment.

Finally fed up with it, Seojun spoke up with a rough voice, startling Nari who was already used to the city sounds. "Why are you staring at your phone so much Nari?"

Nari stays quiet for a minute before shrugging. Seojun cocks a brow, now annoyed. "Nari just do what you have to do with it, anything so you can stop acting like a kicked puppy."

Nari chuckles quietly at that and nods reluctantly. Opening her phone, she goes straight to the voicemail. Sighing, Nari looks up at Seojun for a brief moment, catching his attention. "Can we stand still for a second? It's important.."

Seojun hums and the two stop walking and turn to each other as Nari shakily presses the voicemail and presses it to her ear so that only she can hear, Seojun watching her intently unknowingly. Her fist clench when her mothers voice speaks up, the sound now foreign to her. She ignores the muffled voices talking in the background and listens to her mom.

"Nari, I would appreciate it if you stopped calling me so much. If I don't pick up the first time, I'm not going to pick up the next million times, who knew you were so clingy..." She trails off with a chuckle, the people in the background laugh with her as if her joke was any good. "Talk about your problems with your father or something, I mean that's why he's there right? Anyway I'm busy so don't call again. Bye."

With that the voicemail goes silent, leaving Nari standing there with an agape mouth. Seojun looks at her awkwardly. He heard a few bits of the voicemail and could make out that it was her mother saying these things, he didn't know the whole story but he wasn't an idiot either. Nari shuts her eyes in an attempt to calm herself down and slowly brings her phone down. Tapping delete on the voicemail, she stuffs her phone into the pocket of her hoodie and smiles up at Seojun. "Alright that's it, let's go.." She says, her voice trembling and sounding as if she was about to burst into tears. 

The girl begins to walk but stops when she notices Seojun standing in the same place. She looks back at him with furrowed brows. "What's wrong?"

Seojun's hands rub his face as if he's stressed. He turns to Nari and walks up to her calmly before he gently grabs her shoulders, his sharp eyes staring into hers. "Nari, are you okay?"