023

J E A L O U S Y ?

J E A L O U S Y ?

· •

𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄

Baby you're the highlight
of my lowlife, Take a shitty
Day and make it alright..❞

With a huff, Nari trudges through the front door with a tired expression. Dropping her bag next to the door, Nari yells out. "I'm home!"

Silence.

Nari cocks a brow at the silence and looks into the doorway of the kitchen. Nobodies there. Turning her head, she looks into the living room. Same thing. Where was everyone? Sighing, Nari decides to ignore it. Suddenly a voice speaks out making her jump.

"Why are you home so late?" Her fathers intimidating voice suddenly coldly speaks out.

Nari looks at him with wide, alarmed eyes. "Oh, I had to get o-off the bus because of something that happened and w-wait for another one to come so I got home a l-little later..sorry."

Her father cocked an unimpressed brow that had her arms anxiously crossing. suddenly uncomfortable at his disappointed gaze. He speaks up once again, "Why wasn't anyone informed?"

"I texted Naeun.." Nari whispers, desperately wanting to leave the conversation.

"Is Naeun the owner of the house you're currently living in?" He replies. Nari shakes her head, ashamed. "Exactly, next time you decide to come home late I should be informed, just because your mom didn't care enough about you to discipline you doesn't mean that you can come into this house and act as if you make the rules."

Ouch.

Nari nods before he speaks up for the last time. "You can leave now."

Grabbing her bag, Nari walks past him with a shudder. She didn't mean to come off as if she owned the house or anything, she just wasn't comfortable enough to tell him personally. Sighing to herself as she walks into her room and turns the light on, she tries to ignore the words that keep echoing in her mind.

"Your mom didn't care enough about you to discipline you."

· •

Throwing the ball in the air and catching it, Nari watches as the rest of the kids throw balls at each other. Seojun cocks a brow at her from where he's sitting. "Nari are you going to play or stare at nothing for the rest of the period?"