022

B E N T O S A N D F R O G S

· •

𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄

Baby you're the highlight
of my lowlife, Take a shitty
Day and make it alright..❞

Nari sits on a bench quietly, her music placing her in a calm state as everyone around her chats. The tree she's sitting under is blowing peacefully as she sketches aimlessly in her notebook. She's avoiding everyone right now. As soon as she walked into the classroom with a band aid on her cheek and a bruised lip everyone was staring at her with agape mouths, making her uncomfortable.

Suho's been giving her worried glances from time to time, Jugyeong too which made her even more uncomfortable. Mr Han stopped her after class and asked her if she was getting bullied, everywhere she walked some kid she knows is asking her what happened to her. Sooah and Taehoon kept tending to Nari, Soojin hasn't said anything upright but she's staring at Nari, trying to calculate what happened. Ms. Park almost had a heart attack when Nari came back home in that state and Naeun was up and and asking who did it in seconds, her face angry.

She's tired of the attention.

She hasn't seen Seojun since her first class this morning but she didn't look at him long enough to notice any unnatural behavior from him. She's not mad at him, sure a little irritated but not to the point where she's never going to speak to him again, she's sure it wasn't his plan to get chased and have her get hurt. Plus Nari is horrible at holding grudges to the people she talks to regularly, she starts feeling guilty for it.

Last night she was furious though and even planned to ignore Seojun for the rest of her life, but after sleeping for the night and waking up, she saw things in a clearer and more mature perspective immediately and just wanted to know his side of the story.

But she's horrible at confronting people, so she is doing what she always does in situations like this. She's handling it in a bad way and avoiding the person and topic completely but silently hoping for them to come and talk to her. Which is another reason why she's sitting criss cross apple sauce on this bench and ignoring the world around her.

She's so out of it that she doesn't notice Seojun running up to her with a pink bento in his hand, his hair a mess with big pants leaving his mouth from the running he did when he saw Nari's little self sitting alone.

She jumps when he's suddenly on his knees in front of her, the bento in his hand being shoved in her vision as his head bows apologetically. Nari's brows furrow before she's looking around at everyone whispering and looking at them. Nari hits his head with her book, forcing him to look up at her flustered face. "What are you doing!? Get up!" She whisper/screams with wide eyes.