042

SECRETS

SECRETS.

· •

𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄

❝Baby you're the highlight
of my lowlife, take a shitty
day and make it alright...❞

Nari sighs and scrolls through her phone silently, sighing as her crossed leg swings back and fourth. She's sitting outside and mindlessly staring at the phone in her hands, she'd be lying if she said that she was reading the book. She was only really thinking about Ms. Park and Minjun, but she didn't want to be bothered so she took her phone out.

While she was scrolling through her phone, she couldn't help but notice a tab left open, her mothers name next to a familiar article logo catching her attention, she goes to click on it until she feels something.

Suddenly a body was sitting next to her. She glanced up with a quirked brow and sighed when she saw Suho, she turned back to her book with a hum of acknowledgment. Suho hadn't been speaking to her for a few days, only giving her little nods here and there, he seemed preoccupied so she didn't push anything.

"Nari." He spoke up, voice monotone like always. What made her look up so quick was the sense of softness behind his voice that was rarely ever there. Staring at him with a open mouth and wide eyes, she watched him try to articulate what he wanted to say. "I heard..about y'know what you said to Seojun..."

Nari furrowed her brows at that, puzzled as to how he knew. Did someone hear her and spread rumors? Suho cleared his throat awkwardly, his body tense. "I happened to be, um, in the halls when you said it and I'm sorry...I never noticed either and I never asked you if you were alright afterwards."

Nari shook her head, looking back down. "No, you made it obvious that we weren't friends so I never expected you to treat me as one...Thank you though."

"What? Nari I think of you as a friend, I'm just- I'm not good with things like this and you never seemed to take my words seriously." Suho said in a hushed tone. "I'm sorry.."

Nari smiled, putting her hand out for him to shake it. "Yeah, I never took it seriously, I just wanted to hear you say that."

Suho looked up at her in a flash, face irritated. He still took Nari's hand, shaking it gently. Sighing, he chuckled himself and awkwardly murmured, "Friends?"

"Friends." Nari confirmed

· •

Trudging through the school quietly, Nari looked around for Sooah, Minjun was absent once again and Nari didn't question it, she knew it must've been hard for him right now. Humming to the song that was lowly singing into her ear from her airpod.