049

UNEASY

UNEASY.

· •

𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄

Baby you're the highlight
of my lowlife, take a shitty
day and make it alright...

Nari comes into the shop, humming a song that had been stuck in her head. Looking up at the counter she catches a glimpse of Jugyeong and Seojun laughing with each other while doing their jobs. Ringing the little bell on the counter, Seojun looks back with a polite smile, ready to order whoever rung but his smile gets wider when he sees the familiar girl who he told to come.

Turning around quickly, he ruffles Nari's neat hair teasingly, irritating her as she fixes it quickly. "Hi pretty, you can sit over there while I finish my shift, kay?"

Nari nods before waving at Jugyeong who immediately waves back with a half-smile. "I'm going to go pick something up from the shoe store near here, I'll be back."

Seojun hums and watches Nari strut out and to the shoe store across the street from the store. Seojun smiles to himself before he turns around to get back to cleaning. Jugyeong smiles at him, "You seem happier now that you aren't on bad terms with Nari." She comments jokingly.

"Shut up." Seojun narrows his eyes, "I wish I could say the same for you, smile a little more, you seem down today..."

Jugyeong smiles a little before sighing, "It's nothing serious."

The door rings again, Seojun turns around ready to greet the person once again but halts when he sees Suho's death glare. Seojun huffs, "Your scary boyfriends here."

"I thought he was a substitute but here he is again." Suho comments, ignoring Seojun's taunting words. Seojun sighs, pushing his tongue against his cheek in irritation.

"The owner asked him to work here because the other part-timer quit." Jugyeong explains with a frown.

"Is he interrogating you or something?" Seojun chuckles breathlessly, side eyeing Suho at his toxic behavior. Suho glares at him before turning to Jugyeong once again.

"Can we talk?" Suho asks, seemingly leaving no room for consideration on Jugyeong's part.

Nari walks in at that moment, a bag of the store's name on display, she's about to say something but stops at the scene in front of her, her brow raising at the sight of Suho's tense self and Jugyeong's worried expression. She silently steps to the side, going to sit in one of the corner tables and feigning minding her business.

"I'm working right now." Jugyeong declines indirectly.

"Then I'll wait." He huffs before slamming his card on the table, "Just give me a cold drink."