033

DINNER FOR NONE

DINNER FOR NONE.

· •

𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄

Baby you're the highlight
of my lowlife, take a shitty

day and make it alright...❞

Sighing to herself, Nari's heart pounds as the kids around her study. Suho shakes his head and hits her forehead with his pencil, catching her off gurard. Throwing him a glare, she watches as he shuffles into his seat and opens his textbook. "Yes? Is there something you need Suho?" She asks him sarcastically.

He presses a concentrated tongue to his cheek as he grabs his pencil, "I can see you zoning out. Focus."

Nari narrows his eyes at him before huffing like a child and turning to focus on the textbook that she's been zoning out on. Out of the many reasons she despises school, one of the top five would include that she's horrible under pressure, so you can already tell she's not the best at test taking. 

Suddenly Mr. Han clears his throat, catching the attention of all the panicking kids in the class. Scurrying to their seats, Mr. Han smiles at everyone before speaking up. "I know you're probably tired of me saying this to you guys this year especially on the day of exams but I would like it if you give a warm welcome to our new student."

Nari's eyes shoot up as she turns to look to the sliding door that is currently being opened by said new kid. Some of the girls and boys gasp as the pretty boy walks through the doors, some of his black hair clipped back as loose strands fall in the front. Standing next to Mr. Han, he bows with a polite smile.

"This is Yang Minjun." Mr. Han smiles, "Please welcome him with kind hearts!"

The class claps as some of the students yell out praises before Mr. Han is instructing him to sit in the back near Seojun. He nods and trudges to where he was told to sit as Nari stares at him with wide eyes, he seems familiar but she can't really put her finger on it.

"Close your mouth, you're drooling." Suho remarks.

With the snap of her head and the stick of her tongue, Nari rolls her eyes at him. "I wasn't drooling."

Suho hums before Mr. Han is telling everyone to prepare for the beginning of the test and with that the thought of where she met the boy flies out of her head completely as her heart starts beating at an inhumane pace once again.

· •

Scrolling through her phone with a huff, Nari looks at the one message her father has sent her. 

It was him reminding her that she needed to be home immediately. He had a business partner coming for dinner, it was the only reason he actually wanted to have dinner with them usually he would eat in his office while letting Nari, Naeun and Ms. Park eat alone but she guesses he wants to force a happy family image to the table while the partner is there.