045

IF YOU LOVED ME WHY'D YOU LEAVE ME

song suggestion: All I want (Kodaline)

· •

𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄

Baby you're the highlight
of my lowlife, take a shitty
day and make it alright...

"He's home."

Shit

That was quicker than Nari expected. Doesn't he usually come back later than this? Her hands are starting to get clammy; her forehead is starting to sweat. Is the room hot? Or is she hot? Why is she suddenly so nervous?

Oh yeah, she's about to blackmail her father that's why.

Clearing her throat, she waits until she hears the sound of his office door closing before walking down the stairs with a crucial envelope that is being held with a taut grip in her hands. Her shaky hands reach for the door handle before she stops when she hears a sniffle. 

What is that?

Leaning her head against the door, she hears a soft whimper, making her eyes widen.

Is he...?

Without thinking, she opens the door, startling the teary-eyed man.

The two stand there, staring at each other for one second.

Two seconds.

Three seconds.

Four seconds.

His face is shocked, the first emotion he's ever showed his daughter while living in his home. His cheeks are wet and red, his perfectly combed hair now messy and scattered, his tie's nowhere to be found along with his blazer and his shirts slightly unbuttoned.

This is the first time she's seen him in a messy state.

Why does her heart hurt seeing him cry?

He's a horrible man.

But she's not a bad person, and that's still her father.

So, she silently walks to the seat across from him and sits down calmly, the two still staring at each other before she breaths out. "I-I don't know how to comfort you."

"So don't." He finally snaps out of his distressed state, immediately straightening himself up and fixing himself, except he doesn't say it rudely, in fact he says it in the gentlest voice she had ever heard come out of his mouth.

Who is the man sitting in front of her?

"I know what mom did..." She murmurs, pushing the envelope on his desk, making him stop fixing himself up and look at her with an agape mouth, in moments like these she can't help but notice just how much she looks like him.