020

H I D I N G E M O T I O N S

· •

𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄

Baby you're the highlight
of my lowlife, Take a shitty
Day and make it alright...❞

"Pick up.." 

Nari can't help the frustration peaking through her trembling voice as she rings her mothers phone. She's in a bathroom stall right now, she's supposed to be in class but she's been trying to call her mother since dinner last night. She didn't want to believe that the only person who raised her didn't even want to raise her. 

It made sense, she knew it did. Her mother wasn't a horrible human being so she never treated Nari like she was unwanted dirt but she also never treated her like a daughter. All she ever spoke to Nari about was how she needed to maintain a good image for her future. But even so that was Nari's mother, the only person who was with her through thick and thin so of course Nari loved her with all her heart.

But did her mother feel the same way?

Going straight to voicemail for the hundredth time, Nari gives up and shakily brings the phone up to her ear, her lips quivering as her crossed legs bounced anxiously. "M-mom, I know you're busy but call me back when you can please, I haven't spoken to you in a while.." Sucking in a sharp breath, Nari looks up to the ceiling when the urge to cry gets too overwhelming. She blinks away her tears before mumbling a farewell to her mother. Dropping the phone to her lap, she bites her lips to refrain herself from crying. 

Shutting her eyes briefly and leaning her head against the wall, Nari murmurs a silent confession. "Love you.."

Blinking away her tears, she checks the time on her phone. Standing up, she unlocks the stall she's hiding in and walks out. Pushing the door of the bathroom open, she sluggishly walks to her classroom, resembling a kicked puppy.

· •

"The tutor makes it easier to understand" Soojin tells Jugyeong.

"Will my days as a loser in math finally be over?" Jugyeong jokes as she looks up at the night sky. Nari smiles gently as she looks at her Dr. Martens that are walking along the lines of the concrete. Soojin suddenly grabs both of their shoulders, making Jugyeong and Nari look at her curiously as the three continue to walk.

"You guys can do it you know?" Soojin says seriously, "You guys shouldn't give up, the three of us shouldn't."

Nari and Jugyeong laugh at the girls antics before they finally arrive to the study place. Sooah turns around. "Can my friend from Shinhwa high for boys join?"