Do you Believe in Reincarnation?

Nicholas never really considered the saying 'time flies when you're having fun' before, but now he experienced it. The days flew by in a daze, but he remembered everything.

After a night at the Eye with Piper (DIDN'T DO THE THING WE PROMISE), they returned to the others. They questioned what they were doing, but in the end, gave up and just let it slide. Honestly, Nicholas thinks they're just pissed they didn't get to see them make out. 

Callista was confused as to what happened to Nicholas, but after a good explanation, she accepted the fact that Nicholas was like this and told him what happened to Colin.

Nicholas freaked out at the fact that his friend was so severely hurt, but Callista assured him that everything was fine with him. He'll be joining them by the last stop before they head back to school. Nicholas still can't believe it felt that short. He wished he could spend more time with Piper, but he'll visit when he can.

He barely noticed the other half of the trip; 2 weeks passed by without him noticing. Now, he was at the last stop; the music concert. Here, anyone with the talent can participate and earn at least something, and you know that the SD isn't going to miss out on this. Leona and Scott already signed up, while the rest of the SD is either singing or helping along with the instruments.

Clover was one of them, considering she and Phil are the DJs, while Nicholas himself was the pianist.

He sighed. Life was just moving too fast for him sometimes. Maybe that's what the others feel. Before, every day was slow; life was more of a chore for him. Now, he feels like he's liberated from the restraints placed upon him as a child.

"Well look who's all cured and whatnot?" Colin's voice called from behind.

Nicholas was spending his time alone on the leisure deck of the ship, where he was just chilling contemplating life when Colin called him from behind.

He turned, finding his friend leaning against the railing in a black shirt. Bandages were wrapped around his arms, and a scar-ridden face smiled back on him. He seemed... happier than when he was in the Brotherhood. He was discharged forever with honour in the end, but Colin didn't care. He was glad he's freed from that cult. Sure, he may have been devoted before, but after the battle, he just wants to get away from them.

"Why gotta catch up," Colin said. "What happened?"

After giving him an extremely unnecessary long explanation, they retired to see the view. The sea is warmer now, something Nicholas appreciated. After getting buried under tons of ice, he wanted a break from the cold.

"Nicholas..." Colin said. "How are you so happy?"

"What?"

"One day you're this gloomy ice statue, and now you have someone you love, friends that care about you," Colin said, a faraway expression on his face. "How? I want to know."

Nicholas thought about what he should tell him. "I would say... open up."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Open up to people instead of staying away and pushing them away," Nicholas said. "That's how I met Piper; I opened up to her, and now I'm living the time of my life."

Colin was quiet for a while. "I guess that's true. But it's just hard for me to do that. I've lived my whole life surrounded by comrades, people who look up to me or look down at me. Not equals." he said. "I'm not even sure what I can do now."

"Well, are you planning on going to school anytime soon?"

"I dunno. It's kinda weird for me." Colin confessed. "I'm too used to that life. The life of the Brotherhood. I don't even know who I am now."