Scarlet's Changing

"Ok... So Orrin will go first, then Austin, then Colin's 2, and then Scott and Leona's duet of 2 songs." Scarlet repeated. "Then, Nicholas and Piper, with also 2."

"Yup," Santiago said. "A total of 9 songs."

"How are we supposed to remember all of this?" Clover asked.

"Yes, unless you want the performance to be an absolute embarrassment," Selene muttered.

"Stop putting so much pressure on them, sis," Samuel said. "It's not helping."

"Well, I don't even want to be here! I have a boyfriend you know!"

"How is that relevant?" Santiago asked.

"It's relevant because I don't want to be here!"

"Oh, so you're too busy getting hammered by Noah?" Samuel asked.

"No..." Selene said, embarrassed. "I didn't mean that..."

"Don't lie to me! I found an entire box of-"

"STOP!" Santiago said. "There are kids here."

"We're not kids," Scarlet said.

They were on the second day of practice, and the band was just starting to practice while Scott's mother and father were with the ones singing.

Piper leaned her head on Nicholas' shoulder. Scott and Leona were practicing, and they were on rest. Nicholas smiled. Piper was attached to him for some reason. She was constantly kissing, hugging, and treating him like how a 3-year-old would treat a teddy bear. Especially when Adelaide was near. As if she was showing off...

What are you thinking about? Piper asked playfully, flicking him on the nose.

Why you're treating me like Cassie treating Percy. Nicholas replied. It's weird.

Well... do you not like it?

No...

Then don't complain.

Alright, ma'am. Nicholas said.

"Alright, boys!" Scott's father said. "That's all for today's practice... we'll get the instrument people everything they'll need to play, and the others the lyric paper. From tomorrow on, we're not going easy on your cupcakes."

"You said the same thing yesterday, dad," Scott said.

"I'm not joking this time." Scott's father said dangerously.

The others headed out to their rooms, waiting for dinner. Piper noticed something off with Scarlet. She was at the end of the pack (That's not off; she's always alone), but this time, Orrin was with her. And they seem... rather close...

Piper smiled. Finally, Scarlet's breaking down some of her walls. And Orrin!

She didn't know how it started, but she suspected it was Scarlet, judging from her personality. Also, Piper could've sworn she saw Scarlet sulking around the ship wherever Orrin was... so... Stalking? Yay?

Piper went back to her room; Nicholas had to lie down for a bit. Sitting at the desk in her room, she decided to meditate for a while.

Nicholas plopped down on his bed. His head spun.

"My gods... today was a tiring day." He muttered.

"Hello?" Scarlet's voice called from the door.

"Yeah?" Nicholas sat up. "Come in."

Scarlet opened the door, poking her head in.

"Hi, Scarlet," Nicholas said. "How are you doing?"

"Yeah..." Scarlet said. "Look, I need to talk to you for something."

"Well," Nicholas said, gesturing to take a seat.

Scarlet sat down, and Nicholas sat across from her on his bed.

"What's the thing you want to talk about?" Nicholas asked. "Is there anything you need?"

"Well... it's a bit personal."

"Like you and Orrin suddenly dating?" Nicholas asked. "It's pretty obvious."

"It ties in," Scarlet said. "So... I have to explain. It started as me... kind of having a crush."

"That's how most relationships our age start," Nicholas commented.

"Well... it may be creepy but... I had a crush, then I can't help but stare at him and... started stalking him."

"Understandable."

"So I finally got the bravery to confront him and... y'know what happens next; we struck up a conversation, we started dating kind of..."

"And I assume you came here not for relationship advice."

"Sort of," Scarlet said, grimacing.

"Well, what's the problem?" Nicholas asked. "Is it that you're putting up a façade because you're afraid that he doesn't like your true self?"

"Yes... how did you know?"

"Judging from your and Orrin's personality and past experiences; and the fact that it's not hard for someone to be ashamed of who they are and hide it as much as possible," Nicholas said. "Also, I can see you not acting the same around Orrin."

"I guess it's not too hard to see," Scarlet muttered.

"So what's your plan?"

(A few hours later)

Scarlet left an hour ago, and Nicholas was finally able to catch some sleep.

Slipping off his hoodie, he reached into his suitcase to grab a shirt when he heard the door open. He turned to find Piper standing in the doorway.

"Nicholas." She said. "Are you- oh..."

"Piper! I'm not wearing a shirt." Nicholas said, slipping on his top.

"Sorry," Piper said, blushing furiously. "I should have knocked."

"Well, what brings you here?" Nicholas asked, approaching her and taking her hand.

"Well, I was thinking about spending the night."

"Ok," Nicholas said before Piper felt his lips crash onto hers. Grabbing her waist, he led her to the bed before Piper pulled away. She pushed him onto the bed before climbing on top of him, kissing him passionately.

Piper slipped a hand under his shirt, bringing it over his head. Lo and behold, Nicholas below her, topless and her hand on his muscles. Piper was planning on savouring this moment a bit, but apparently, Nicholas doesn't appreciate teasing. Sitting up from where he was, he kissed Piper, wrapping his arms around her neck and pulling her down.

Piper ran her hand through his messy white hair, pulling him closer as Nicholas' tongue begged for entry. Piper obliged, letting his tongue in.

The night was long, but it felt like 1 hour as the two lovers gave each other what they yearned for the most (Not that I promise).

Yeah, honestly I'm just bored right now. The next chapter should be the one performance one; should. I may get sidetracked. lol.