I Hope You Regret Your Decisions!

Why did they let Clover on her DJ set? It has cool sounds that don't attract the worst of all monsters!

Welp.

They're dead.

Looking over the edge, a hundred or so monsters amassed at the cliff. They were about the size of a lion, but with enormous teeth, pale white skin with no fur, and looked like smiggles from Lord of the Cosmos, but with sharp bristles on their backs. They swarmed the cliffside, climbing on each other to form a giant staircase.

"Guys. we're soon going to the afterglow." Astra whispered. The rest looked over the edge and saw what she meant.

"Uh, Leona? Before we die, I just want to tell you that I have a crush on you." Scott said sheepishly. Leona didn't say anything, but Scott knew that she was the same.

"We're doing this Scott? Ok." Philip asked "Clover, I need to say this: I love you and hope we get to meet in the afterglow." Clover looked shocked. "Me?" "yes you"

"Libby? I regret not doing the thing with you last night." Ganymede peeped. The others looked at him with a WHAT? Written on their faces. Libby just smiled and squeezed his hand.

"Tessa, I want you to know: I have a stable family, a 7 digit bank statement, a car, and a house I'm gonna inherit at age 18," Andrew said, embarrassed. "A perfect bachelor," Tessa muttered.

"Austin? Let's just say Lebeau found another girlfriend and forgot about me, would you be my OTP?" Astra asked. "Yes, A. I will." "phew. Well, what I said did happen."

"Sage? Can I confess something?" Nico asked. Well... IhaveacrushonyouandImtooafraidtoadmitit." he blurted out in one breath. For once, the storyteller didn't slow down.

"IdoaswellbutIdontknowwhattodosoIaskedLibby," Sage answered.

"Hector? IhaveacrushonyouaswellbutIdontknowhowtosayit." Vega also said. "Same here."

"Gems?" Peter asked (I found a mistake in my old work, so there's a new character!). "I have one on you."

"GUYS!!!!!!" Scarlett yelled. "YOU KNOW THAT WE COULD HAVE RAN AWAY A MOONIUM YEARS AGO, RIGHT!?!?"

"Oh, starf-" Orrin started when a creature snarled, halfway up the cliff.

"Great. Just great." Scarlett muttered.

"PINKY BOOM!" Libby shouted, a blast of pink erupting from her fingertips. What was supposed to be a deadly pink boom that can destroy an entire city, bounced off the creature's skin and rebounded back, almost hitting them all in the face?

"LIBBY!" Vega yelled. "THAT WAS A SMIGGLE FANG! THEY TREAT WISH ENERGY LIKE THEIR PRECIOUS! THEY'RE IMPERVIOUS TO WISH ENERGY AND THEY NOW WANT TO CHASE AFTER US FOR THE WISH ENERGY WE HAVE!"

"Hard luck"

The entire group was racking their brains thinking of ways to beat them when a loud crack sounded from behind. They turned to find Piper and Nicholas eating the s'mores

"Wow, this s'more is good," Nicholas said. "Yesterday's was just bad; the marshmallow charred, and the crackers were always loose."

"I know! Tonight's awesome! I think Tessa was the one who made it. It's soooo sweet!"

"Uh, hello?" Scarlett asked. "WE'RE ABOUT TO DIE AND YOU TWO ARE JUST FLIRTING?!"

"What do you mean we're about to die?" Nicholas asked.

"JUST LOOK DOWN THERE!" Astra yelled. Nicholas looked down and saw what they meant.

"Oof. I told you, Sage, that your yelling would attract monsters."

"YOU SAID THE ONES OUT HERE AREN'T DANGEROUS!"

"But they're in the valley."

"STOP JOKING AND BE SERIOUS!!!"

"Fine."

Nicholas scanned their surroundings. The walls had eroded from the years. Giant pieces of rock, some essential to keeping the cliff up, had come loose.

"You know that the answer's right there, right?" Nicholas smirked. "If only you pay more attention instead of panicking like crazy." he raised his arms, and they could feel the ground moving under them.

"Uh, Nicholas?" Vega peeped. "What are you trying?"

She got her answer real quick.

The pieces of rock beneath them came off, surrounded by a glowing aura of white. The surrounding cliffside fell away, creating an avalanche big enough to wipe out an entire city. 

The monsters fell like grass in a hurricane, buried under the wreckage.

The SD was marvelling at the feat Nicholas had done when he fell on one knee, exhausted. "That gave more backlash than I expected," he muttered. "What are you guys waiting for? There's gonna be more!" he took off, just as a guttural cry sounded from deeper within the valley.