How About... No.

~Jerome's P.O.V~

"I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!" Muffin yelled. I chuckled slightly at the 'hunger games' reference, but soon snapped back to reality as I realized that she was about to be tested on.

"NO TAKE ME!" I screamed, being held back by the rest of the team.

Once she was taken out the cell, she did something I didn't quite understand... She... Winked?

~Muffin's P.O.V~

I had a smirk plastered on my face. It wasn't noticeable, but it was there.

We knew were Mitch, Jerome, Chris and Elyssa were going, and they sure as hell weren't going alone.

We listened to their plan and worked out our own. It kinda backfired with the whole Chris thing, but I can make it work.

The guards that walked me down the halls shoved my into the hands of scientists, who cuffed me to to a dentist chair. Crap! I was supposed to escape! No!

"Hello, Muffin was it." I hissed at him. "I'm going to take that as a yes. So, Muffin! I'm Dr. Smith." He introduced himself.

"So. You're probably wondering what we're going to do? Well, scene as you're already a hybrid, we thought we'd add a few other animals to the mix." He chuckled. I pulled on the cuffs, hoping they would snap, but they didn't...

Shoot!

I kept on pulling while Dr. Whateverthehellhisnamewas, was muttering to himself about which animal to pick. The handcuffs finally snapped, so I sprinted to the door, only to find that it was locked. So I ran back and elbowed the scientist into a wall, knocking him unconscious. I searched him for keys of any kind for a few minutes until I finally found them, then I got the hell out. Before I did I snatched the lab coat he was wearing along with the white mask covering his mouth.

I headed down the halls, making sure I didn't draw any unwanted attention. I made it back to the sell my friends were possessing and played around with the keys till I found the right one, opened the door and let everyone out.

~Jerome's P.O.V~

"I'M NOT LEAVING WITHOUT MITCH!" I screamed. Will I ever get over him? I guess not...

"Jerome! You're gonna get us all killed!" Adam whisper-yelled.

"Then leave!" I sneered. "You have no idea what this is like!" My eyes narrowed as they turned from a reddish brown to a yellow. It's weird the way hybrids eye colours change based on their mood. I'll never understand why?

"J-Jerome... You've gotta calm down." Chris warned, apparently back in the team again.

"Why should I?" I yelled.

"You're getting too mad. Dude, you know what will happen." I shrugged.

"What's the matter?" Elyssa sounded curious, yet extremely worried.

"If a certain type of hybrid- in Jerome and I's case, Bacca- get's to mad, their eye's start to go yellow. It's when there are to many emotions build up. They can either go into an extreme depression, or get very violent. There no pulling them out once their in that state." she made sure that she didn't miss any details. The whole teams eyes went wide. I scoffed. 

"Just leave! Let me be alone with him!" I screamed, even more anger built up inside me.

"Guy's... Do what he says. Just leave. He'll make it." Chris sighed.

"WHAT! NO!" Elyssa and Muffin exclaimed.

"Fine then! Who's staying with him?"

Elyssa raised her hand. Jason ran over to hug her. She returned the hug. "Babe, I'll be back. I'm not giving up on you. Never." She never gave him a kiss. I held back tears.

"Why are you staying anyway?" Jason sniffled. "Mitch and I where close. He knew about my past before almost anyone else in the Team did, apart from Jerome. I need to stay Jason. They're good friends." He nodded. The team started to exit the building. I ran over to Mitch's body and cried my eyes out, Elyssa patting my back.

"D-Do you understand what this is like? T-To loose someone?" I stuttered looking at her with my  glazed eyes. "Of course I do Jerome. My family's been... Well, 'dead' for years." The remark made me chuckle. "Thanks El." I coughed. "Don't call me that." She laughed.  "Fine sassy pants! What about... Hmm. Liss?" I asked. "Umm... How about, no." She replied sarcastic.

Then the mood dropped. "I'm screwed..." I muttered. "Huh?"

"If they don't kill me, then my feelings will. I can't live a life without Mitch... He-He was my everything." She give me a sympathetic look before turning her attention to the guards lining up outside the cell.

"No... We're both screwed."