Nothing... (Kinda deep chapter. I think? Maybe?)

~Jerome's P.O.V~

"Mitch!" I called, stumbling through the darkness, trying to find the light. Nothing...

Tears started forming in my eyes. "MITCH! I MADE A MISTAKE! PLEASE!" Nothing... Why did I even expect to see him again? I'm not even holy. There's no such thing as god, just Satan...

I felt like I was falling through a huge void, trying to grip onto anything that was left. But it was a void... There was nothing left to grab. No real reason to try. But yet I keep trying...

It's just sad I started trying at the wrong time. This time I can't even escape this by killing myself. I'm stuck.

"I didn't want this. I wanted him." I muttered. Nothing. Not a sound. Just darkness. I'm nothing but a voice in my own head, driving myself insane.

I can't feel anything anymore.

Everything's disintegrating in front of me.

Turning into nothing...

Nothing...

~Chris's P.O.V~

One... Two... Three... Fou-

I stopped as I herd a light tap on my door before a soft voice spoke, making me sick to the stomach with guilt. "M-Mom?" Oh god... I think I'm gonna be sick.

"Y-Yeah, one minute." Why am I doing this to myself? "Can I come in? I need to pee."

"No!" I yelled. "Shi- I mean shoot. Sorry. One second." I should've been more careful. I'm just seventeen, I can't even handle myself, never mind a kid. Jerome would've helped. Now I'm stuck with a kid on my hands. Every single thing about him reminds me of Ian. The eyes, the hair, the voice.

I started cleaning up the mess I'd made in the small bathroom before cleaning myself up. I walked out the room.

"Mom?" He called after me. "What, Preston?" I asked, sounding a bit more harsh than intended. The sudden outburst made him feel uncomfortable.

"Are you okay?" Preston was shaking. To be honest, he knows the answer better than I do. He launched into my arms. "Don't do it again." I sighed.

For a kid that's only two months old, he's pretty smart. When parents say that kids grow up quick, that's just another way of saying that they feel old. But in my case, I generally mean it. Preston has literally aged 13 years in the space of two months. I think it slows to a normal aging speed at about 16 years? I don't know...

"I... I don't know." I muttered. "This is my fault." He mumbled. "It's really no-" Preston cut me off. "No, it really is. Life would be so much easier for you if I wasn't here." Tears lined my eyes... Was that what Jerome thought? "Don't you dare." My voice sounded hoarse from holding back sobs. He looked had me with worried eyes. "No. I- I meant."

"I'm your Mom. Don't try it." I chuckled. "The team are wondering where you've been. It's been hard on them too... You should go see them." I nodded, reaching a hand out to take his. He grabbed my hand, and we made our way down to see the guys.

~Jason's P.O.V~

"I don't know if there's anything we can to to stop this. There's too many of them." Adam stated. "We could relocate? To try and find people like us, or just somewhere safe?" I suggested.

It was supposed to be a team meeting, but all the girls and Ty fell asleep, so it was just Adam and I.

"We could try, but we don't know if there actually is anywhere out there like that. Plus, if we run out of supplies while we're out, we're screwed." I nodded, accepting the fact that he was correct.

I sighed in defeat and rubbed my sore head with my index finger and thumb. "I don't know man. I know that everyone can defend themselves, but at the same time, I don't want to risk this group getting any smaller. I don't want any accidents pinned on me. I hate being the bad guy."

This was too stressful. I don't know how much more of this I could take.

I glanced down at Elyssa. She looked so peaceful. I wish we could just escape all of this. Be safe again, like we were on the hill. All our friends and family members still alive and sane.

I know there's so much left here, but at the same time, it just feels like there's nothing...

~Ty's P.O.V~

Slap.

"Worthless!"

Slap.

"Fag!"

Slap.

"Fucking waste of space!"

Slap.

My eyes shot open, my hand shooting up to my face. Tears were streaming down my face, getting Adams shoulder wet. (Don't you dare XD)

"Shh, you're okay! I'm here. You're fine. Totally fine." Adam soothed, Jason kneeling in front of the old brown sofa Adam and I were on.

"You okay bud?" He asked softly, smiling. "Y-Yeah... I think..." I stuttered, tracing my scars again. I do that a lot when I feel awkward or insecure. I don't really know why.

I felt Adam's hand take my wrist softly. "Please don't Ty." I whispered, while Jason was trying to figure out what was going on.

"Guy's, Mom's here."

We found out Chris was pregnant with Ian's baby a while ago. I wish he was here to see it... Maybe if I'd been a better friend and looked after him, he could've.

"Hey..."

They took a seat near me and Adam. The movement in the room made Apple and Muffin waken up slowly. I don't think they were happy about it. Out team meetings are pretty boring and are usually about the same things, so I don't blame them.

"Hey Chris... I know now really isn't the time... But, what happened to Ian. Why'd he freak out?"

She looked like she was about to burst into tears as she let out a large sigh.

"He had this... This, disease thing. I t-think it was... Well, I can't remember, b-but he would start to have m-mental breakdowns when things got h-hard." She stuttered throughout the sentence. I felt bad for asking.

"The disease, well, I think it kind of took over him, I guess... He h-had it since we were kids..." She gulped. "You don't have to finish, but thank you for telling us." She nodded.

"So we're telling stories now?" I asked.  "If you guys want to, then sure." Jason smiled.

"Not it!" Everyone said at once. "We could go round in a circle?" Jason suggested.

"Yeah, we'll do that. So... Ty, do you wanna go first?" Adam asked. The thought of going first made my stomach twist. I stayed silent.

"Okay, Ty's first! We'll go clockwise."  That meant Muffin had to go after. She sighed.

"We're doing this?" Apple asked. "Yeah... I guess we are..." I mumbled in response.