I'm Not Living In His Shadow

~Ty's P.O.V~

The anxiety has been building up inside me for months.

The thoughts.

Flashbacks.

Memories.

Scars...

I can't do this... Why would I? Better in than out. Or is it the other way round?

"Ty?" All voices are in the background, as the sound of my pounding heart grew louder. My eyesight was all over the place, same with my thoughts. I was a fucking mess, to say the least. Who am I kidding? I am a fucking mess.

My throat began to get sore from holding back sobs. I'm not weak. I can fight this. I'm not living in his shadow. He's dead. He had it coming. I shoulden't let him come back through memory. I could erase him from history.

But I can't... I am weak...

"TY!" I snapped back into reality. My newly earned headache was killing me.

I glanced up wearily at the person next to me. Adam.

"Are you okay Ty?" Concern strong in his voice. "Yeah... I'm fine." Lies.

"Do you want to tell you story then?" He gave a small, comforting smile. I nodded. Again? Really?

"You don't need to." My stomach started to get affected by the amount of anxiety that I had, leaving the horrible feeling that you have when you think you're going to vomit, but you're not.

"I don't t-think I c-can." I mumbled. Everyone understood.

Everything was fine. This is where I belong.

~Muffin's P.O.V~

"My turn?" I asked, quietly. I raised my head to make eye contact with my friends.

They all nodded, apart from Ty. He looked like he was about to be sick.

"Okayyyy... Umm. Well. I don't know where to start?" I struggled to spit out any of the words. I had a feeling that it was going to be like this with everyone...

"Wherever you feel comfortable." Apple put her hand on my knee to reassure me. To tell me that everything was fine. I smiled softly and sighed.

I pulled at the end of the sleeves on my navy blue sweater as I thought.

"I was in this... Place, with a man. My... My owner. I can't remember his name... But he, umm, he hurt me. Abused, even..." I paused for a break as my voice shook. "I was h-his pet... He was horrible. I couldn't take it, so I ran... I ran as far away as I could get- which ended up being a forest. I met Apple on the way. She was just out there. I guess we were both just trying to escape. Trying to run away from any problems. But I don't think anyone could blame us for wanting to. It worked out in the end, so it was worth it. Apple and I have been really close ever since." The last comment made Apple chuckle. She lay her head on my lap  to rest.

"How old are you guys? I never got the chance to ask." Chris asked.

"I'm 17. Apple's 16." I answered. She nodded in response.

"So, who's next?" I shrugged. Silence filled the air as everyone waited for some to reply. "Clockwise?" I looked at Apple, who shook her head. "You don't need to be afraid."

"Later." She mumbled into the soft fabric of my sweater. "Okay... Umm, Jason!" I smiled hopefully."He looked towards his feet. "I'm kinda boring. I don't really have a story..."

"I CALL BULL!" Elyssa yelled to lighten the mood. We all chuckled. She nudged Jason. "There must be something." She gave puppy eyes as she shed a fake tear. "Fine..."

~Jason's P.O.V~

"Quinten and I were trying to escape. We had nowhere to go. We were lost, broken. Quinten was dying. He had cancer. It was about a month that he had left to live... I didn't want him to leave me, and he didn't want to go either. We would talk all day about finding a cure, until we ran into... Them..." My body shook at the thought of what I was. "He threw me towards them, to save himself... I guess he found what he was looking for though..." I ran my hand through my hair. I miss him so much... I'm not even mad at him. He didn't deserve this. He just wanted to survive in a world that wanted anything but that.

"We should save this for tomorrow. We can pick up where we left off. I'm exhausted..." I mumble, just loud enough for everyone to hear. They mumbled in agreement.

~Mitch's P.O.V~

And though you're dead and gone, believe me. You're memory will carry on... We'll carry on.

~A/N~

Thank you guys soooooooo much for 900 reads! Even is not everyone has ready up to this point, it still means a lot <3

Btw, if any of you know where those lyrics are from, then you are THE BEST person ever!

What did you all think about this chapter? Was it too much? Do you want more like these? Would you like more characters? More happy and/or cheesy moments? Tell me in the comments. <3 I like making sure that everyone's okay with how the story's going. Would you like any characters to come back? It's all in your hands. (And mine, I guess? XD)

Thanks guys <3

Stay stronk guys, bye! ;P

~Lilxmc (Louise)